Sign in to follow this  
Doeboy

banner for band

The banner as a whole is stunning. The colors work well placement is good, the only issue I have is with the Caps at the beginning of each word. they are so busy it makes it difficult to read it.

When I first looked at it I just thought they were Celtic ornaments and the band name was Solating Llis. Then I looked again and thought Isolating Bliss, and after looking hard can see Isolating Ellis.

First glances are important in sign work.

With that said, this is for a band. 90% of the people coming into the bard are already going to know the name of the band, the others will ask someone else. But it's your work showing, so will they ask for your name to get a banner made for their band from that?

Kevin

yea thats what they wanted, it all over there myspace. so i guess thats there logo. the gold 651 is a really cool vinyl tho. its also a little transparent

BTW... the gold really pops on the black banner.

i held the gold up to the black banner and in parts of the light you couldnt see it so i had to put the white.

so the guy called me last night and asked if we could change the caps letters!. if i remove the caps will there be an outline?

banner was made tue and has not touched the sun.

my sug was to put isolating ellis in normal font under it.

what are your suggs?

Just explain that everything is connected as you can see and you would need to remake a entirely new banner. $$

I had to redo a couple of letters on a banner a while back, and it is a bit of a pain to remove the letters, but it can be done. Since it hasn't been that long they should come up pretty decent. Just make sure when your pull them off you do it VERY slowly, it can distort the banner material underneath, a very small ammount of heat from a dryer or gun wouldn't hurt, but again you have to be careful.

Your going to have to do a cut to separate your letters from the main text, I would very lightly score the vinyl, making sure not to cut clear through, this should be enough to peel the letter background off and not disturb your other letters.  When you have them removed, if there is any distortion on the banners from the removal, warm it up good with a heat gun, then have something relatively heavy and smooth/Flat ready to lay on top of it immediately. then let it cool for half an hour or so. This should flatten it back out. there shouldn't be any outlines since it hasn't been exposed to the sun but you may have to remove some glue residue around the edges.

I have had one person tell me you could Iron it back flat, but I didn't want to try that. Worried about melting the vinyl and ruining the wife's iron. Both have disastrous results.

Kevin