Sign in to follow this  
pixnstix

Region Specific Forum for Australia and New Zealand?

Perhaps a forum area for Aussies may be an option. I see there are a few Australian members, I'm, sure there are many more who would like to discuss the local market, events, local regulations, suppliers etc

This seems to work well with the T Shirt Forums website, of which I'm also a member.

Any interest?

Perhaps a forum area for Aussies may be an option. I see there are a few Australian members, I'm, sure there are many more who would like to discuss the local market, events, local regulations, suppliers etc

This seems to work well with the T Shirt Forums website, of which I'm also a member.

Any interest?

love the idea . :thumbsup: :thumbsup: count me in on that . it would be a great asset. we just need the powers to be to think its a good idea but.

pete

Well I guess we should at least take a look at how many Aussies / New Zealanders (err I am sure this is not correct) we have here with us. Please chime in if you fall into one of these categories.

How about just region specific. So that it enables members to interact with others who live closer. Instead of just shooting into the dark asking for help to everyone. This way you can trade vinyl, or stuff closer to each other.

I am trying to think of a way that we could do this without severely cluttering the forum. Any ideas?

YEs, I have an idea. Create a new forum for UK/Europe,and Australia/NZ. There is,after all, a big time difference and most of us here are fast asleep when they are online. Who knows..it might lead to a USC presence in Europe..maybe a licensed distributor...or fulfillment center.

IT's a big world and many countries are in better shape than we are,economically.

Ebay and many other sites have separate sites for other countries, why not USC?

i have to agree with john on the new forum idea given the time difference and the way things are economically around the world . i would definably be in that. cause there are suppliers of particular brands of vinyl over here. these suppliers have a big monopoly on the market and what they charge .so if we could start our own forum , maybe just maybe we could start order more of the different colours of these brands of vinyl through usc . if not a licensed distributor  ......... of usc over here!!. hint hint

just my 2 cents . feel free to agree or disagree with this . 

This is definitely something to consider. I am still not sure that we have enough members from the UK/Europe and Aus/NZ to support an entirely separate forum.. We would need at least 20-30 very active people to have a chance at getting it off of the ground. Do we have these #'s? A poll would be a decent way to find out... if you do this let me know what kind of results you get.

A seperate forum is a good idea but is it really needed.  If USC intend to move into these markets UK/Europe Auz/NZ then yes a forum will definetly help you to promote your goods and services to businesses in these countries.  If USC have no real intention though of selling in these countries it will be a big waste of resources.  Whilst the suppliers maybe different from country to country the working principles and skills are still the same.

Another solution would be to rename the current board "Buy sell and trade" to something along the lines of "regional boards" (you can come up with a better name lol).  Make new boards with child boards like you have done already on the equipment boards.  Something like USA SPECFIC (main board) with buy, sell and trade, and vinyl swap (child boards) repeat for UK, Europe, Australia and New Zealand as main boards with buy, sell and trade, and vinyl swap as child boards.  These boards are going to be used primarily for contact with people in your own country rather than techniques, graphics, how to's etc.

The problem I see with seperate forums is the fact you have a wealth of knowledgable people on here that won't want to use 2 or 3 forums so some of this knowledge is going to get lost.

Just my opinion but seems like a good short solution for now and maybe if USC decide to go into worldwide domination markets additional forums could be looked into then.

YEs, I have an idea. Create a new forum for UK/Europe,and Australia/NZ. There is,after all, a big time difference and most of us here are fast asleep when they are online. Who knows..it might lead to a USC presence in Europe..maybe a licensed distributor...or fulfillment center.

IT's a big world and many countries are in better shape than we are,economically.

Ebay and many other sites have separate sites for other countries, why not USC?

Well said Banner John.  If USC were to operate outside of the USA, they would find a whole new market place, people like myself cannot justify the shipping costs from USA to Oz on top of the original purchase prices and therefore purchase locally.  USC would certainly put the heat on the local suppliers who have little or no competition and charge accordingly.

USC should test the overseas markets, and check just how competitive they could be offshore.  It's not just the few overseas members on this forum, it's the whole sign industry outside of the USA, Europe, UK, Asia, Australia & New Zealand totalled up that's a very large market place. 

Joe

Just to add you could always start your own forum for free the link for the simple machines forum is at the bottom of the page and its very simple to set up your own forum and can be done for no cost all you get is google ads incorporated.  You could then maybe talk with UScutters and ask if they could have a representive to join your forum and maybe in time they can look at going into your local market as suppliers.

Also bear in mind whilst it may seem like a good idea UScutter selling in your area their prices not be as reasonable as they appear in the US market as they will have a lot more expense in dealing in oher countries such as the shipping, legalities and inport duties so they may not work out any cheaper then your current supplier.

With the US Dollar being higher than the Australian Dollar, and China being closer to OZ than America shipping would or should be cheaper, making it competitive at least.

Joe