Sign in to follow this  
spacegraphics

Snow Leopard and SignCut

Upgraded this morning and, of course, got an emergency call for a sign about an hour later.

Well signcut works just fine.  No Problems at all.

On the other hand Inkscape does not.  I crashes as soon as it tries to open.

I haven't run into any problems yet with CS3,

Snow Leopard does seem to be noticeably faster though. Glad I made the switch.

Daddy-o

We have found several users who have communication trouble with Summa cutters, possibly the drivers are not compliant for the Summa Usb connection. We have however tested Snow Leopard with 20 or so standard import machines and have had great success so far.

SHould you encounter snow leopard problems we would love to try and assist you so please let us know at support@sc-x2.com One other thing we have not released a Snow Leopard certified version of signcut so upgrading now could be problematic, we suggest possibly testing on a secondary machine before making your business dependent on a freshly released and unproven OS.

Upgraded this morning and, of course, got an emergency call for a sign about an hour later.

Well signcut works just fine.  No Problems at all.

On the other hand Inkscape does not.  I crashes as soon as it tries to open.

keep an eye on the Inkscape site...it is open source and there are people always working to improve it.

I haven't run into any problems yet with CS3,

Snow Leopard does seem to be noticeably faster though. Glad I made the switch.

Daddy-o

Was afraid I might have to recant my recommendation after this weekend. I use an open source java-based program to run model trains called JMRI. After struggling to solve a communication issue, I found the following on the JMRI site:

"If you're using Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), you first have to configure Java on Mac OS X for "32 bit" operation. Mac OS X 10.6 can run in either 32-bit or 64-bit mode, but the communications libraries we currently use are only available in 32-bit mode. To do this, open the "Java Preferences" application from the Utilities folder inside the computer's Applications folder, then set the default "Java Application" in the lower window to "Java SE 6 32-bit"."

An easy fix once you know about it, but quite worrisome until you do. Not sure if it will address anyone's issues here, but figured it can't hurt to spread the word.

Daddy-o

I upgraded to Snow Leopard today. I just gave the vinyl cutter a trial run. SignCut crashed a few times, but then gave me a warning about switching licenses to a new computer. It finally cut a few minutes later.

Not sure about the crashes but a new operating system creates new hardware ID's which is seen as a new computer by our server which will create a transfer. We allow users 5 transfers to allow for hardware or os upgrades. Should you continue to have trouble please let us know at support@sc-x2.com

Not sure about the crashes but a new operating system creates new hardware ID's which is seen as a new computer by our server which will create a transfer. We allow users 5 transfers to allow for hardware or os upgrades. Should you continue to have trouble please let us know at support@sc-x2.com

Worked fine after the initial hick-ups. Thanks for your support. I will let you know if I run into any issues.

Worked with SignCut again last night...It crashed a total of 23 times before it would stay running long enough to make a cut. It just shuts down. My persistence pays off, though, cause it will eventually run. Just frustrating. I knew it was a risk in the upgrade to 10.6.