Sign in to follow this  
Doeboy

setting blade to cut reflective

i will be cutting 3M reflective vinyl. is there anything you would do differently to cut the vinyl? i know its a little thicker. any help?

I use 99 on the pressure on my reflective (I dont use 3m though ) where i use 90 on oracal 651  except i use 60 degree blade and it will dull it quick if you do a lot, but I only use 60 degree blade for everyting now, jhelms

I use 99 on the pressure on my reflective (I dont use 3m though ) where i use 90 on oracal 651  except i use 60 degree blade and it will dull it quick if you do a lot, but I only use 60 degree blade for everyting now, jhelms

Same here I noticed it dulled the blades real quick

Just so you know also you can save old blades and cut magnet material into shapes , a lot of people say you cant but the pom poms with the cheerleading horn posted recently i cut magnet with all those tight cuts in a 8in x 8in done it 3 times also cut other tight turn magnets jhelms

Just so you know also you can save old blades and cut magnet material into shapes , a lot of people say you cant but the pom poms with the cheerleading horn posted recently i cut magnet with all those tight cuts in a 8in x 8in done it 3 times also cut other tight turn magnets jhelms

good tip thanks man!

Cutting Magnetics.  Tell me more please.  Do you use a backing material?  Do you cut part way through then finish by hand?

I'm interested in cutting oval magnets for car doors.

I use old 60 degree blade, set my pcut 630 to 104 on pressure where normally I run about the 89 to 91 pressure range.I will load with white side up, and just run it like I'm running vinyl thru no difference, but cut off what you need because roll of magnet is very heavyand it will pull to one side if not carefull it will not cut all way thru you just pop the rest of the way thru by hand, then once popped out I take a small file and clean up the edges and corners, I answered someone before I do not cut square or rectangle with machine, I cut them with a framing square, then my corners I found A very inexpensive corner rounder at walmart in the scrap booking section about two months ago for only 13 dollars (approximately) does A very professional job. jhelms