Sign in to follow this  
mark101

Sloppy Cutting - Help

got my creation pcut, and when cutting letters or anything, it starts the cut from slightly inside the letter and cuts it fine, but left with soft of a nib. i've adjusted the blade offset from zero up to .30, which helped a bit, it completes the cut, but am still left with a triangle nib. adjusted blade depth, to where it didn't even cut through the vinyl completely and still did te same thing, cutter speed or force doesn't help either.  there seems to be some lateral side to side play in the black part that the blade holder fits into, it it loose?  

sometimes it will cut from outside going into the letter, which is fine,--but when it cuts starting from inside its a problem which i pictured below

help..., i'm cutting letters which are at least an inch tall

error.png

I know you said you set offset  I messed with mine and got it wrong and found out it need s to be at 0.25 and also is your blade holder in the back hole or the front I changed mine to the back and with this offset iI cut letters alot smaller than an inch Hope this helps jhelms

hi all, thanks for the help, I got it working shortly after I posted by switching to another 45 degree blade, but now i just used the pen plotter attatchment, then put my blade back on, and its doing it again, don't know what to do, i know its not an offset problem, blade holder?

Could you post the original image file you're trying to cut?  This would help us look at this.  Just in case, check that your blade isn't stickout to far, and your force isn't set too high.  Possibly make sure that all your pinch are not sticking or anything like that.