Guest Triple2Graphix

NEW!! Triple 2 Signs & Grafix.

Guest Triple2Graphix

I am new to cutting vinyl but not new to graphics. I have been around sim racing and doing a lot of designs, logos, numbers and lettering for all dirt addons for Nascar Heat and rFactor and some for the DTR Series. I had done a decal packages for a couple of real dirt latemodels in the past but someone else got to cut out my work for them cause i never could afford a vinyl cutter. As time progressed i have gotten better and better and now there is a few of people that love my work and really want it on their race cars. Those same few people are from the same games i was playing and seen alot of my designs and stuff and they know how good i can be, but that is from sim racing and not real racing.

So i finally got a vinyl cutter and now get to start doing real cars like i have been wanting to do for around 7 years now. But getting the word out and convincing people to let me do their race cars befor they realize how good of work i can do, it has been a little bit of hell. I am even trying to give the lowest price quotes around, i mean more like 2x lower than what the other places charge. I guess these days if you can't prove that you can do the good work if not better than they would pay someone else to do with just basic stuff, that you might as well forget trying to earn a little money back and get to see you're work out there.

Anyways, i think i will post pretty much everything i do here. Maybe i can convince most of you how good i can draw and maybe you will get a bunch of ideas from my work for you're work.

Guest Triple2Graphix

I wish i could but i am a racer too and don't have any backing so it would be real hard to sponsor one and also race. I tell you, right now it sucks big time, but when i actually make a little money and can afford the vinyl, i will sponsor at least four cars with graphics for the first year.

Guest Triple2Graphix

Well so far i have done one local race car that races at a newly built track and a lot more will come and race befor the season is over. Plus the guy i done the car for said he is building a new car this winter and wants me to do the graphics for him. I didn't get to put my sticker on the car i just did saturday but the new car he is building, i will put it on it if he comes back to me for it. I gave him a real good deal which was $125 for three numbers 16hx30w and a bunch of logos i drew on Corel, i was charged $40 for three one layer numbers for the ones on mine after i done all the drawing and everything, so do the math.. Plus i done one full rear window on a suv 35wx20h, only charged $45 cause it was the first thing i done with my machine and it had a lot of custom drawn stuff by me. Also an (In Memory Of "cant remember name and date") lettering sticker for a boy at the race track which was 15wx6h and i charged $5.

Also that #17 i posted on the sharing thread (page 70 or 71), i priced three of those 15hx28w, all of his logos and lettering for $150, of course he is a friend from sim racing but i am cutting him a deal cause i plan to put two bigger logos of my Triple 2 Signs on it.

I think i know how to work a business, not being a smartass, i mean i think as in i really don't know for sure if i am businessing it right, lol. But the local sign shop charged me $10 for a 12x12 piece of black vinyl to make a background on my ex-motocross yz125. So if they charged that, it is untelling what they would charge for a set of those #17's.

Guest Triple2Graphix

Done by hand with a scafle.

222number.jpg

Top one done with scafle, bottom one was done with the cutter.

222signs.jpg

My logo, kind of messed up on it cause i over cut the 24" make.

222signscar.jpg

Guest Triple2Graphix

My helmet, done it today.

090709204000.jpg

090709204001.jpg

Roof of my race car, done it today too.

eisku.jpg

Done by hand with a scafle.

222number.jpg

Top one done with scafle, bottom one was done with the cutter.

222signs.jpg

My logo, kind of messed up on it cause i over cut the 24" make.

222signscar.jpg

That's one HELL of a phone number ^^^^^.

Charlie

do what i did......my local track has a website where we go and shoot the breeeze. so i posted on there that i would be willing to sponsor 1 car from each class their graphics for the season. I had 19 responses. so i picked the ones i wanted to help, the low budget teams who pay for everything out of their own pockets.

I charged them for the cost of the vinyl only. And put my logo on all their cars. i wound up doing 6 cars like that and already have, by verbal agreement, 8 to do for next year at full price because of the work they seen i can do. And I might add that some of these guys were using a top name in the graphics game in my area, so i am pretty excited to be able to lure them my way.

FBR has a good point. Offer to sponsor the graphics on a few for the cost of the vinyl alone to get your name out.

I am still new to the cutting world and did some barter's for jobs and I am starting to get calls now from the work I did. The barter jobs I do, I tell them my logo and web address has to be there. And when my site is up I will link back to their website also.

i would make sure you put your best work on display.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!  sometimes I will have folks say they only want a one color layout, but I convince them for ONLY a few bucks more they can have multi color for a little extra flash. they usually go for it.

Guest Triple2Graphix

Thanks for the opinions, i have narrowed it down to sponsoring two latemodels, a modified, two bombers and a four cylinder. One of the bombers and the four cylinder has already accepted the sponsorship. I am trying to contact the two latemodel teams, i know the owner of one of them pretty good from the races and i don't know what modified yet.

I am also going to try to sponsor the newest dirt track in the area which is about 15 minutes from my home.

Guest Triple2Graphix

Got started on the website today, it will more than likely change real soon though. I never could get into doing websites so it might look kind of sloppy and off a little.

http://triple2signs.exofire.net/

Guest Triple2Graphix

Here is a logo i done for my first sponsor for the race car, this guy is offering great support. He had his store front window done back last summer but the guy that done it just done plain lettering and it looks like crap. Not sure if i will put this same logo on the car for him but i know it will go on his window and the black will be window tint so from inside you can see it but from the outside it will look black.

post-0-12986544179427_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986544192276_thumb.jpg

Wow Triple2Graphix you do great work. I am still in the learning process myself. I just recently got the coral draw x3 and have being trying to read the coreltutor and what I can find on here. I am not even close to being talented like you but hope I can do some magic on pictures and that sort of thing with it.

Thanks for sharing,

Christi

Guest Triple2Graphix

The biggest tip i can give anyone using corel draw is to use the Pen Tool a lot. Set your imagination to what you are wanting to draw and start drawing, the first few try's might not be right but once you get use to free drawing with the pen tool and converting lines to curves and editing what you drew. You will be making top notch graphics in no time.

Like i said, i have been doing graphics for atleast 6 years now and until last year i was using Paint Shop Pro 7 which kind of sucked because once it is drawn there is really no editing to it unless you redraw it again. Plus if you have a messenger or something opened, when the window pops up you have to start all over cause it automatically ends what you are doing. When i got Corel Draw 12 and found out what it can do, i haven't stopped using the pen tool since. Yes, most of the actual lettering i do is from fonts, but the numbers, only a few of them have been from fonts and if they once was fonts they are highly edited.

Thanks Triple2Graphix for the advice. I mainly wanted something that could edit pictures good enough to turn them into cutible images. I am sure I got the wrong program but it was my Dad's so it wasn't a big expense. I am hoping I can learn to draw also. :)

Christi

Guest Triple2Graphix

Well, you can also use an image and trace what you want using the pen tool and then edit it with the shape tool. I have done a few logos just to learn from and it helped out a lot to trace them for the experience.

Guest Triple2Graphix

Thanks Aaron... I have been trying to find some time to sit down and update it but i stay so busy with everything. Two kids at 6 and 7 that never see their mother. I have a girlfriend but she is usually at work. Then i have the whole racing thing going and trying to get sponsors for the car and here is the vinyl deal. Way to much for one man to do on his own.

Guest Triple2Graphix

Getting ready to start putting that Barber Shop logo together in vinyl, i'll take a couple pics as soon as i get it done. I tried cutting the window tint with the cutter and it just didn't work out, every time i started it, it would pull the tint with the needle. Easy fix, i'll get the logo on the window, then go inside and put the tint on the inside of the window.

Guest Triple2Graphix

Got it on and then done two more for the race car which i got them done, just no pics of the two on the car cause it got dark.

post-0-1298654431391_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986544323117_thumb.jpg

You are doing way to much work with coral and drawing!!! When if you want to be in this business and get it in and out get FlexiPro7 you can make fonts by just seperating the sections and then moving them into place and welding. And it's very easy to trace images into cutable vectors too! I was suppose to do the #17x mini-stock last year but he never got back to me triple2. He's a good guy i race with him on the NC nascar heat league he will know who i am! But if yall can get FlexiPro7 it's so easy you will wish you had it a long time ago!!! It's a little costly but worth it! And one more thing not trying to act like i know everything but if your gonna get into doing window signs,race cars,magnetic signs,and etc. A 30"-32" cutter would have been better for the money because you can order your regular black&white and color in 30" widths which for example if your doing a 12"tallx24"wide magnetics for a customer with your cutter you would have to cut 2-24"strips length wize and have alot of wasted vinyl. To were my cutter i could cut 2-24"strips width wize on mine only using 2ft of material and not 4ft like yours!  Hope this helps!!!