gagray1

What vinyl would I need UT Longhorns

Doesn't anyone know what Oracle 651 # or Avery A6 # I would need for close match to Texas Longhorn color (Pantone 159)??

H and H sign supply has sample sheets of the Oracal 651 vinyl for 1.49 per 12" x 12" sheet or a 5 pack for 4.95. You can also order color charts from them that will eliminate discrepancies in monitor calibration.

I too am looking for the correct burnt orange color, but think that the answer is going to be in another color besides orange. Nut brown looks close, but it could be my monitor is just off calibration. Another color I've looked into is 3M's terra cotta color available in cast vinyl. I may just order some samples of orange and a small roll of terra cotta.

If all else fails, perhaps a local sign company can provide you with some samples or a color chart to look at.

Got my samples in today, and nut brown is the closest match I can find to the burnt orange color in the Oracal 651 series. Even though the color says brown it does have an orange tint to it.

Im bumping this up as I was going to ask this question. Is the nut brown a close alternative?

Im bumping this up as I was going to ask this question. Is the nut brown a close alternative?

I have color sample books from Oracal and Gerber because it's about impossible to match without a sample in hand to hold up to it. Otherwise you're just shooting from the hip and will likely end up with a roll of something you thought was right but wasn't.