Alillowr

Lifespan for different kinds of lighted signs

I was just wondering what the average lifespan is for neon or other type signs.  The only reason I ask is I've got a new product to sell but it has a lighted lifespan of 20,000 hours and to me it doesn't seem like a good selling point.  But then again I don't know what should be acceptable for lighted signs.  This product is best compared to neon because of how it can flash in sequence and the type of lights. 

I didn't post a link because I didn't want to feel like I was spamming.

If nobody has any info or suggestions .. would someone kindly direct me to another forum to ask the question. 

I just thought I would ask here first because I have always had good help from this forum, and everyone is super nice compared to anywhere else.

I would try a different angle.  Most people have no idea what 20,000 hours is anyway, but you could say:  if operated 8 hours a day, it will last XX days.  Customers can relate to that info better.

Or, once you have your data, compare it to other products.  Example:  our products last longer than an average incandescent bulb, or whatever.

yeah...8 hours a day is almost 7 years. Not a bad life-span for anything.

So anything above 10k hrs life is probably LED ;D just a guess, but that's only one benefit of a solid state light source. not to mention they can flash their whole lifespan without much grief compared to neon or fluorescent light source dependent upon a ballast.

I'm interested too - show me the link :thumbsup:

Wow that's some great stuff ;D

How much  ;D ;D :-[

(Don't let the Nascar guys see this... ;))

I am planning on distributing the products to sign companies all over but for now I will be concentrating on here locally in the northwest.  But after awhile once things are rolling good I would be happy to travel wherever to you guys so that you can sell them through your shop. 

I'm still a bit out before I get everything together to start. I've just been doing a little here and there.

I'll let you know more info whenever I'm not just on my iPhone.

Guest sciondrgn

Looks like light up EL with graphics applied/printed to it.  This popped up a couple years ago on a few show cars.