Sign in to follow this  
wwpro

Question about coffee mugs

hi there

Seems like a little bit confused here, maybe someone here can shed some light on this.

I don't have a mug heat press yet, but I was wondering if you can press anything printed, let say inkjet or laser, or it has to be sublimation inks, special paper and special mug ?

Thanks in advance  :thumbsup:

there is an inkjet paper that comes in white and clear, that you can print on. IT is waterproof and has adhesive backing. I have used it and it works. It will fade in direct sunlight as most inks will, but after MANY washings of the mug I did, the colors stayed and never ran. Ideal solution if you just want to do a limited number,and no press required.

http://cgi.ebay.com/INKJET-Waterproof-Adhesive-Decal-Paper-5-Sheets-WHITE_W0QQitemZ350245306412QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518c3f402c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Thanks John, I asked this out of curiosity only, not that I'm interested, but is always good to clarify any doubts  :thumbsup:

Ink sublimation is the only way I know that you can get a fade free print or picture on a mug or whatever you transfer too.  Sublimation products do have a special coating to transfer ink to.Its a great way to start a business we make good money on promotional items and such.hope this helps some........ Dan svsignworks  :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan, I was (and still are) confused about what's to be done with the mug heat press.

:thumbsup: