Sign in to follow this  
exp12000k

Gotta Be An Easier Way...

I have been trying to get my vinyl to feed straight for an hour! I am in the process of cutting lettering 24" long. Is there some easier way or even a solid technique to setting up the vinyl? I have a 48" Pcut, vinyl is 12" wide

Don't know if this will help you, but I'll try. When I line up vinyl, I feed the vinyl under the pinch rollers, then go "offline" with the cutter and use the up and down buttons to check feed. This will tell you immediately how much drift you have. If it needs adjusting I maintain the pressure on one pinch roller, take pressure off the other, and "swivel" the vinyl slightly at the side which has the roller released. Put pressure back on the vinyl with the roller, and check alignment again with the up/down buttons. I may have to do it a couple of times, but it beats repositioning all over. When you get comfortable doing this, you find that you start to get a knack for how much rotating you have to do on the vinyl.

Thanks, i have been doing that except i keep pressuer on both pinch rollers and feed the vinyl until i see it shifting, then i just rasie the pinch rollers and adjust. kind of the same thing. At least im on the right track, guess it just takes practice. I was just hoping that there was an actual techinque to it, rather than just eyeballin' it. Thanks tho go10go4, i appreciate you input.