Sign in to follow this  
double d

got a 24" USC with contour cut. Can't get it to cut a print from sign blazer!

I got a 24" USCutter with contour cut recently and it came with sign blazer elements trials version that is supposed to work in full. I cannot get this program to cut anythin that has been printed on my olympus p-400. I can print to the olympus via sign blazer, and can go through the reg mark calibration, and it will adjust accordingly on the cutter using the computer but when I get to the next screen and hit "cut" it acts like its sending a command over but the cutter does nothing.

I can also cut anything with signgo but cannot cut a print either. However it does say only wokrs with versacamm type equipment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This may sound dumb are you doing the reg marks in the right order earlier today i did left as right and right as left and it did that exact thing but then after the duhh moment everything worked fine.....Man did i really just admit this in public  .... :thumbsup:

Yeah I've tried them in different orders. Mostly focused on what would be the "correct" order according to the photo. I want to say its just a setting somewhere in the cutter setup panel. But I'm new to the controls of this software and don't quite understand where I have gone wrong. Its just boggles my mind that it will pretend to calibrate and then even give me the "cut" button as an option to press but still nothing for a response at that point.

Make sure the origin is set ahead of, and to the right of the registration marks.

Ok so today I went through the whole process again and tried setting the origin in front and to the right and all. Still no response from the cutter when "cut" time comes around. It flashes a little window that says "cut a print" in blue letters within the calibration window. I can still adjust the cutter from this window but only until I try to cut after making the adjustments. and then not again until I restart the computer.

Any suggestions as to why I can communicate the calibration but not the cut?

And thanks to those who have tried so far.