Sign in to follow this  
Guest manwayvan

Looking for hand painted style font

Guest manwayvan

I am looking for a font that looks like the oldtime hand painted signs how they had the top letter one color and an outline style in different color...Any help would be greatly appreciated..One font I found was lewisham shadow(http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/Lewisham.htm) but I cannot seperate the font's to make the shadow black and the top a dfferent color.

Lay down your lettering in your editing software, highlight text, find "convert to outline" option. Now you can change colors or manipulate a piece or a part of a letter. Most all vector or sign software has this feature.

Guest manwayvan

Is that the same as convert to curves? thats all I am seeing..I have corel draw, inkscape, sb, flexi,

Guest manwayvan

Hey thanks for the help but the issue is that some of the text is connected like on the inside of a D there is a shadow line but when I seperate it is attached to the text. Anything to fix that?

Guest manwayvan

Hey its just Specific font..Customer wanted

Donell's

Pharmacy

573-4550

Free Delivery

I would have never dreamed it would be this difficult. I tried seperating in paint then vectorizing and that did not work at all.. I have seen the style around alot where is has like dash marks around the text for shadow so I just figured it was easy..Sorry to be so difficult

Guest manwayvan

Yah but the text is seperate for different sides of the vehicle so I would need them in seperate not together..But ya you got the idea just need the shadow in black and the top color in gold..

Guest manwayvan

Either way would be great..I liked how the size seperates on the different caps but at this point I would take anything

Guest manwayvan

That sounds like what I need.. I just purchased flexi last month and it has been a huge transition from sign blazer..

Guest manwayvan

Did you do that with flexi? Thanks a million man

Guest manwayvan

No Shit! Do you mind telling me how..or point me in the right direction...I tried ungrouping/breaking apart and that would seperate the white and everything..

Guest manwayvan

I dont know if this is right but it looks like I could have made a duplicate painted it black and then staggered it and punched through..Not sure though

type text

export as .eps

open .eps

split nodes at connections

highlight all and click split

took about 5 minutes, would be easier with some other programs but all i have is sign blazer.

Guest manwayvan

Dang I need to practice with this stuff..Every job I get I learn something new...Thanks a million man..