Sign in to follow this  
itszjay

Transparent or Opaque Ink? Also Screen Printing Supply

I wanna to buy some water based screen printing ink. I'm planing to print on different color t-shirts. The problem is for what I'm planing to do, I'm not sure which one to buy the Transparent or Opaque ones. It said on the site that Opaque is better for screen printing on dark color shirts, but can I use the transparent on let say a darker color shirt? By the way I'm looking at the EnviroLine Water Based Inks. Any help would be greatly appreciate!!! :)

Also I'm planing to print some t-shirt for my friend, wonder if there is any kind of supply needed, he already has some Wood Screens and Squeegee. Any other supply you think I'll need?

The transparents will not work well on dark shirts, they are made to achieve a softer hand on light shirts.

Enviroline inks are made by Matsui, I have heard good things about them.

Assuming you are planning on printing shirts using the vinyl method, you may do well to get some water-based ink press wash, but you can use soap and water.  Get some clear packing tape to seal the edges around the vinyl.  You will need to heat-set the ink for good results, use a heat gun or heat press.