Sign in to follow this  
Doeboy

Need Adv. Big deal to me. banners

a local resturant shop has several locations about 50. i happen to know an employee that told her boss about me. he said he was going to call around and get some prices on banners with his menu printed on them.

there are 2 white banners with black letters, a little red here and there and a little yellow as well.

i priced him at $170 because my friend is really good friends with this person.

he called around and got a price at $800!

he said if i do it and he likes it he will have me do all the locations.

the banners he has now are printed on. will the vinyl last as long as the printed on?

Was the $170 per banner? Or total Job? If its for the total job I probably would have been a bit higher. There is going to be alot of allignment work and a few hours total for the set of 4

Looks like they were quoted $10 per square foot for printed banners - I don't have a printer so can't say much about this quote.  From what I have seen $5.00 per square foot is pretty normal on vinyl lettered banners.  I would have been higher than your quote - but I'm old and slow.  Just ran the estimate and for the top one (3 colors) I would have priced at $350 and the lower at $330 for 2 colors on banners.

I have seen a new (to me) sign material at my local supplier and plan to use it in place of white clad aluminum when I get another job like this.  Signabond is a composite sandwich of white aluminum on both sides of a plastic center layer.  Price I got for a 4x10 sheet was around $60 - the aluminum I had used before was $110 a sheet for 4x8 and this material seems stiffer and is lighter weight too.  Check into using something that - it will give a smooth stable surface and the sign will look better than the banners he has now.  I imagine the vinyl will last a comparable time to the printed banners maybe longer.  His prices will probably change before the sign shows any deterioration.  Another point for the vinyl is he can get you to redo the prices when they change -

-Mike

Are these something that he takes down alot or moves? Reason I ask is it would look alot better if you did them on coroplast. They would be easy to mount and would be nice and flat on the wall. You over all would look better.

Looks like they were quoted $10 per square foot for printed banners - I don't have a printer so can't say much about this quote.  From what I have seen $5.00 per square foot is pretty normal on vinyl lettered banners.  I would have been higher than your quote - but I'm old and slow.  Just ran the estimate and for the top one (3 colors) I would have priced at $350 and the lower at $330 for 2 colors on banners.

I have seen a new (to me) sign material at my local supplier and plan to use it in place of white clad aluminum when I get another job like this.  Signabond is a composite sandwich of white aluminum on both sides of a plastic center layer.  Price I got for a 4x10 sheet was around $60 - the aluminum I had used before was $110 a sheet for 4x8 and this material seems stiffer and is lighter weight too.  Check into using something that - it will give a smooth stable surface and the sign will look better than the banners he has now.  I imagine the vinyl will last a comparable time to the printed banners maybe longer.  His prices will probably change before the sign shows any deterioration.  Another point for the vinyl is he can get you to redo the prices when they change -

-Mike

thanks mike! good info

Are these something that he takes down alot or moves? Reason I ask is it would look alot better if you did them on coroplast. They would be easy to mount and would be nice and flat on the wall. You over all would look better.

always outside, he said just like these so thats what hell get i guess

Looks like they were quoted $10 per square foot for printed banners - I don't have a printer so can't say much about this quote.  From what I have seen $5.00 per square foot is pretty normal on vinyl lettered banners.  I would have been higher than your quote - but I'm old and slow.  Just ran the estimate and for the top one (3 colors) I would have priced at $350 and the lower at $330 for 2 colors on banners.

I have seen a new (to me) sign material at my local supplier and plan to use it in place of white clad aluminum when I get another job like this.  Signabond is a composite sandwich of white aluminum on both sides of a plastic center layer.  Price I got for a 4x10 sheet was around $60 - the aluminum I had used before was $110 a sheet for 4x8 and this material seems stiffer and is lighter weight too.  Check into using something that - it will give a smooth stable surface and the sign will look better than the banners he has now.  I imagine the vinyl will last a comparable time to the printed banners maybe longer.  His prices will probably change before the sign shows any deterioration.  Another point for the vinyl is he can get you to redo the prices when they change -

-Mike

thanks mike! good info

Geesh.... :) I'd be at $600 even for the 2 (total of 80 sq feet with 3 color vinyl). A price guide i have is at $633 so I'm right on the money pretty much

I would put this job on 13oz material defiantly so it holds up well and is a nice product. Your going to have over $100 in just banner blank this plus vinyl.

I don't know if $170 was per banner or for both but either way i wouldn't do both for $170 or $340 depending on how you priced it. Just way too cheap man, make some money and beat the competition with my price ($600 which is $200 below your local market it seems).  :thumbsup:

I never would fall for the oh if he likes it I'll get all the locations. Been there heard that.

-Mike

thanks mike! good info

Doeboy,

I would explain the advantages of the coroplast or aluminum to him. He may be open to it and it would not only make your life easier, it would make him realize that you are interested in giving him a product that will last. It will also make you seem to be very knowlegable about sign options available to your customers - he may not even be aware that another type of sign could be an option. It is the experts job to lay out the options and help the client make their decision. Next time he will remember that you helped him.

Charlie

Looks like they were quoted $10 per square foot for printed banners - I don't have a printer so can't say much about this quote.  From what I have seen $5.00 per square foot is pretty normal on vinyl lettered banners.  I would have been higher than your quote - but I'm old and slow.  Just ran the estimate and for the top one (3 colors) I would have priced at $350 and the lower at $330 for 2 colors on banners.

I have seen a new (to me) sign material at my local supplier and plan to use it in place of white clad aluminum when I get another job like this.  Signabond is a composite sandwich of white aluminum on both sides of a plastic center layer.  Price I got for a 4x10 sheet was around $60 - the aluminum I had used before was $110 a sheet for 4x8 and this material seems stiffer and is lighter weight too.  Check into using something that - it will give a smooth stable surface and the sign will look better than the banners he has now.  I imagine the vinyl will last a comparable time to the printed banners maybe longer.  His prices will probably change before the sign shows any deterioration.  Another point for the vinyl is he can get you to redo the prices when they change -

-Mike

thanks mike! good info

Geesh.... :thumbsup: I'd be at $600 even for the 2 (total of 80 sq feet with 3 color vinyl). A price guide i have is at $633 so I'm right on the money pretty much

I would put this job on 13oz material defiantly so it holds up well and is a nice product. Your going to have over $100 in just banner blank this plus vinyl.

a 10x4 blank banner, 13 oz, hemmed and grommeted, is $20 from my supplier. If you are paying $50 you are paying WAY too much.

-Mike

thanks mike! good info

Geesh.... :thumbsup: I'd be at $600 even for the 2 (total of 80 sq feet with 3 color vinyl). A price guide i have is at $633 so I'm right on the money pretty much

a 10x4 blank banner, 13 oz, hemmed and grommeted, is $20 from my supplier. If you are paying $50 you are paying WAY too much.

Not at all. I have looked at 2 suppliers other than the one i use and the pricing is $38 plus shipping and I'm getting the same for $50 shipped with 1-2 day delivery which sounds on point if you add shipping in to the others i found.

fact of the matter is, the original posters pricing was way too low

well if you want to pay $38 for the same thing I'm paying $20 for, that's fine. I've posted my supplier many times here..$0.50 a square foot,any size..everyone who uses him loves his quality.

When you ship 7-15 banners a week, that big difference adds up to some big money really fast.

I have used the same banner guy as BannerJohn, NO Problems at all, fast and reasonably priced. even odd size stuff. Well recommended.