Sign in to follow this  
reelguitars

2 Cutters, 1 Computer???

I have an MH721 and an MH1351.  Using SignBlazer of course.  Can I connect the 2 to 1 computer?  In setup, will both cutters be discovered?  Also, since they use the same drivers, if you send to 1 will it send to both?  I just want to be able to pick the cutter I want to send the image to and let er rip.  One more thing, has anyone ever heard of cutting a USB cable in two and extending it?  I need 2 about 30' long to go from my computer to the room where my cutters are located.  As always, thanks for your help.

In theory, you just create 2 separate setups in SB...then chose whichever one you want to use. But you will have to do it every time you change from one to the other.Anmd I think they each need to be connected on a different port.

On cutting the USB cable, not a good idea.  Maximum length is rated to around 5 meters or so. You'll actually have to get a powered USB cable to extend the cable that far.  You can do it with powered USB hubs as well, but for 60' you're looking at a 3 or 4 powered USB hubs along the route.   

You're almost better off putting a second PC out where your cutter is and runnning ethernet to network the two together and share files.