Sign in to follow this  
edge

Failure to weld two .eps objects?

I took a male and female symbol from Signblaser's library and exported them as one EPS file. I then imported them into Corel X3 with the top or heads canted to allow overlap. Desiring to cut as one object without overlapping cuts, I then attempted to weld, combine, etc without success. So as a work around I exported the design as I desired it to appear as a .bmp and then vectorized it, importing it back in once that was done.

Why was I not able to manipulate these .eps objects? 

just a thought...not sure if this is your case, but I have seen .eps imports come in with points not connected.  This will hinder your weld applications.

if a object can not be filled with a color there is a open point that need to be closed.

Paco

When importing to corel a lot of times you will need to ungroup or ungroup all items in order to edit them, that brings another issue, sometimes when you do that the whole image will become black leaving you clueless, what you can do is view as wireframe or right click on a color to make a hairline border in the image and move objects back and forth to weld or intersect or simplify.

Hope it helps in the future!