Sign in to follow this  
KevinSp

Cutter head shaking?

I posted this in the refine support forum but figure i might get some more input here.

Just purchased a MH-871 and it is cutting great. A few things that bother me are the amount of noise it makes when cutting and the vibration of the cutter head. Seems to make the most noise when cutting curves almost like the 2 motors are fighting each other. Today I was cutting some 28" circles and i could see the cutter head visibly shaking while making the cut. I thought it might be dragging the blade or something but I made the exact same cut without the blade in it and it vibrated the same. Seems like this will cause problems down the road. Anyone else have this issue or is just normal with these machines?

My first thought was that some MH cutters ship with tape over the cutter strip and will cause vibration/noise if not removed. But you said you ran it w/o the blade?:) Took out blade and holder???

I posted this in the refine support forum but figure i might get some more input here.

Just purchased a MH-871 and it is cutting great. A few things that bother me are the amount of noise it makes when cutting and the vibration of the cutter head. Seems to make the most noise when cutting curves almost like the 2 motors are fighting each other. Today I was cutting some 28" circles and i could see the cutter head visibly shaking while making the cut. I thought it might be dragging the blade or something but I made the exact same cut without the blade in it and it vibrated the same. Seems like this will cause problems down the road. Anyone else have this issue or is just normal with these machines?

is the carriage head firmly on the track?  the rollers,,

yup, tape was removed from the cutter strip. I took the blade holder completely out and it still did it. It's in the track completely. There is no play what so ever in the carriage track. Seems like the motors are fighting each other or something. Also I tried just running the head back and forth across the full width a few times and it goes smooth, no vibration. I checked the file also and it did not have a bunch of nodes or waves in the line in any way. It was created with the circle tool in corel. I use corel X4>signcut>plotter thru usb if that makes any difference.

did you also try just  making  a simple text straight from  your Signcut  ( no Corel)  and send it to your cutter,  does it still shake?