Sign in to follow this  
pitts-s1s-pilot

Help needed cutting stars

Group,

I have a Copam running SBE trial version.  I want to draw stars for a Texas flag sign and cannot figure out how to do it. 

I clicked the help tab and searched for stars.  It sent me to a page titled "drawing polygons and stars".  Under the drawing stars instructions it says to select polygon from the draw menu.  That never actually shows up as an option.  I can only select polyline.  Needless to say, there doesn't seem to be any way to draw a star except freehand.  I MUST BE MISSING SOMETHING SIMPLE.

Any help appreciated.

Pitts

BTW - The Copam is the bomb!  Cut straight out of the box and has done a great job thus far on anything I asked it to do.

Menu clicks:

Draw

Library

Shapes (in category there are several choices press the arrow at the end of the field to see them)

you will see a variety of shapes several groups of stars - pick one that is close to what you want and place it in the work area to edit later by moivng the nodes around (node edit)

Nice to see another Experimental Aircraft guy on the forum!  Post a Pic of your Pitts!

I have very fond memories of seeing the EAA Red Devils perform at Oshkosh (showing my age - you do the 'rithmetic).

Post a pic of your

-Mike

Guys/Gals,

I saw the stars in the library.  None of them were exactly what I wanted.  I didn't realize that you could "tweak" the nodes to get them closer to what you want. 

That said, I found and tried one and it seemed like a lot of work to get a very consistent/symmetrical  star.  I needed a five point star as depicted in the Texas flag.

I'll play with it some more.

Thanks,

Pitts