Sign in to follow this  
svsignworks

Roland GX-24

We have run this poor thing to death in the year i have had it.It seems to have developed a problem with skipping or a dotted line type of cut .We have tried new blades,blade cutting depth and new Teflon strip.any help would be great Dan & Dawn @svsignworks 1-208-784-8004

I'm having the same problem and came here looking for help.  Difference is I just bought my plotter.  Tonight was the second time I'd used it.  Your message is not encouraging. :thumbsup:

I'm having the same problem and came here looking for help.  Difference is I just bought my plotter.  Tonight was the second time I'd used it.  Your message is not encouraging. :thumbsup:

did you contact Roland Tech support for your problem?,  more apt to get an answer there, as it is a new vinyl cutter, 

Well I am going to send it in to US cutter they have trained techs and its close only about 6 hrs away from Kellogg id. I need a back up cutter so thats what were going t buy before we take it there.Will buy the new cutter from US Cutter in woodinville wash. Just have alot on my plate right now.will do it all in the middle of the month.Thanks for your replies Dan :thumbsup:

Sometimes if the blade does not face the right direction it will skip like you encountered. Make sure your blade spins freely inside of the holder. I spray mine with WD-40 before I put it in the holder. 

Jay

WD-40 did the trick.  You, sir, are a genius.  Thank you.

Also thought graphite spray, but I had the WD-40 on hand. :thumbsup:

Thanks mucn!

I didnt have WD-40 but i had some Abu-Garcia fishing reel lube which is like 3-n-1 Oil ..... so i took my holder apart and put a drop of lube in the tiny bearing.cleaned the pin and blade with alcohol.I also set my blade pressure and depth as outlined in the video and help section in this forum.My wife says that the cutter works better now.It will work even better when the new needle blades get here tommorrow.Thanks for all of your help Dan & Dawn :thumbsup:

I found it interesting that I came looking for answers to the exact same question with my GX-24.  Mine was working great UNTIL I put in a new blade.  I was so confused!  So I am going to try that WD40 and let you know if it works for me as well!  However, mine really only does the "skipping" on circular images and/or lettering.  Was it  the same for any of you as well?

Jamie

Yes it was on the curves of the smaller letters.With a little very thin oil like WD/40 Or 3n1 oil Worked into the little bearings works well.We havent had any trouble since I hope this helps It was very frustrating and made it impossible to do perfect work. :D

The reason some prefer 3 in one, sewing oil or fishing reel oil is it doesn't have the solvent carrier that WD 40 has