Guest round2racing

What is everybody getting per square inch?

Guest round2racing

Nearly all my decals (single color) are priced at $0.12 per square inch.

Am I too low?

It seems like everyone literally jumps at my business.

Keep in mind, decals smaller than 12 inches wide I install for free on their cars.

Anything bigger than that has an installation fee.

Am I in the right ballpark or am I hosing myself?

Thanks!!!

I usually mark up the materials by 10% then figure my hourly rate from design to application.  Just make sure your paying yourself what you think its worth for your time.

Nearly all my decals (single color) are priced at $0.12 per square inch.

Am I too low?

It seems like everyone literally jumps at my business.

Keep in mind, decals smaller than 12 inches wide I install for free on their cars.

Anything bigger than that has an installation fee.

Am I in the right ballpark or am I hosing myself?

Thanks!!!

How do you work out your installation fees?

Guest round2racing

I charge $35.00 per hour, billed in half hour increments, minimum half hour charge.

To answer your original question you seem in the ball park for what it seems the going rate is per sq/in. My prices are similar although mine vary based on if you add multiple colors and quantity which I have heard varying opinions on.

I charge $35.00 per hour, billed in half hour increments, minimum half hour charge.

Yeah I go by hour too, simply because pricing by vinyl doesn't account for difficult weed jobs. Weeding non-serif text for instance is cake compared to say, a complex graphic piece with serifed text.

I charge 50 an hour for custom-art which the customer can then own and reprint or use how they wish.

I charge by the sq. ft.  I get $9 a sq. ft., so when i break that down to sq. inch's it comes out to $0.06 per sq  inch.  But i also charge for all scrap, so if it is 12" x 12" I would charge for 2 sq ft becasue the rool is 2' wide, so I guess i am usually around $0.12 for a sq inch, I just charge by the foot though. 

Hear in Aust. I charge $0.13c for decals I sell. If I was to do a shop front for instance. I believe most guys charge $1.00 per inch. Intal extra.

Dan

I just did my first show last weekend and took the vinyl signs as samples. I didn't cut any on site, but I did take some orders. I charged 22.00 for a 12 X 18 metal parking sign, 22.00 for the 6 XC 24 street signs, 20.00 for the custom license tags and 18.00 for the ceramic tiles. I sold one decal for 12.00 that was 2.5 in. X 36 in. They will install that one. I didn't get many orders, but gave out a lot of business cards. My main sales were still the jewelry and purses.Sandy

Price has to be adjusted for multi colors and I have had to take into consideration how complicated the weeding is - tried the flat rate at the day job and of course everyone wanted very small complex items!.  Right now I am really enjoying the football and wrestling stickers - nice and easy even with multi color

Charging by square inch, that's a strange concept to me.

I always charge by the linear foot of material with a minimum price of $20. that's the least amount of money i'll accept to do something. there's no way I would design art, email a proof to the customer, make a change, email another proof, load my machine, weed and tape something for $0.36.

i tell them, there's a $20 minimum and they can have one RTA that's 3" or they can $20 worth of stickers for the same price. Almost always they order extra and the ones that choose not to buy i don't have to deal with them. so i weed out the cheap customers that can't afford $20 and I also make more money. how much money can you possibly make investing an hour into a $1.44 sticker when there's only 24 hours a day when instead you can make $20 that hour?

i charge by the linear foot to account for waste. for instance, a 17" and a 23" sticker are basically the same price because i'm using the same amount of linear feet from my 24" roll, but a 25" sticker would be more since now i'm using 30" material (or now I have to turn it sideways and long the long ways from a 24"). my linear foot price is pretty standard, but it floats back and forth depending on how much weeding time is involved, colors, material, etc. at certain linear foot amounts i have price breaks.

when a carpenter builds something he doesn't charge people for half a 2x4, he has to charge for the whole thing. plumbers do not say the pipe is under three feet long so i'll install it for free.