Sign in to follow this  
VaderSpade

New MH721 WILL NOT WORK!!!!! with Windows 7

6/3/2010 Same problem different computer. New hardware wizard will not pop up and there is NOWHERE to go. I have clicked "find new hardware" but my computer can not find it?;D

I bought and received a MH721 a week or two ago (seems like months) IT WILL NOT WORK!!!!!

I have followed every step in every tutorial I could find on these boards, and everything that comes with the machine (which is not much). And I have tried it on several computers with different operating systems.

I don

It would help if you would state what type of operating system you are using?,  what cutting software?, connected USB or serial? .  Need more info...  Did you download the driver for your cutter, and the correct driver?  Did you go into device manager in your PC and make sure your comm port and cutting software setup  are on the same port number?  also most of the devices you stated  you connected are PLUG and Play, vinyl cutters are not.  If you would also  submit a support ticket in to US Cutter, someone can talk with you and get you going. They can remotely check your computer and machine. and walk you through your problems,  but If they don't know about it,  they can't help you. 

UBS ports (I tried the others but could not figure out how to change settings), I kinda mentioned Sign Blazer as a cutting software, tried on both Vista, and Windows 2000, tried with both the driver that came on the small disk, and Sign Blazer which said it had installed a driver, but I could not find it in my programs. Checked device manager for everything every tutorial I could find on these boards told me to check, but its all a blurr now.

My main problem is that every tutorial says do this and, this will happen next, or this will pop up, but it doesn

Have you tried just uninstalling everything and just starting over?. and submit a support ticket so someone from US CUtter can help you out. or someone else from this forum may jump in,,  

here is info on setup..  this is using Sign cut, but sign blazer set up is the same

The parallel and serial setup for Refine plotters with Vista is the same as XP. The USB connection does work and the setup is just a little different from XP. We do not have Vista here to document the exact steps but I was able to walk a customer through the setup today and documented the steps as accurately as I could. If anyone has corrections feel free to add to this post.

Vista USB install instructions:

Plug in the USB cable and the New Hardware wizard should open.

Choose the option locate and install driver

Vista will ask you to insert the disk with the driver- put in the mini disk that came with the plotter.

If necessary point vista to your CD rom drive to find the driver files.

After the driver is successfully installed go to the Windows Control Panel>System and Maintenance>Device Manager

Under the ports category you should see the USB Serial converter. Verify which Com port the driver is assigned to and make sure Signcut is using the same settings. If you can?t get the default Com port assignment to work try changing the USB Serial adapter Com port number to 1, 2, 3, or 4 and match that setting in Signcut.

In Signcut click on Settings>Cutter. Make sure the ?manufacturer? is Refine, ?cutter? is MH EH 721, Device is set to the same Com # matching the Com # assignment of the USB serial converter driver in device manager. Now you are ready to cut.

maybe something on this thread will help

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,13037.0.html

Thanks,

I have gone through those steps. New Hardware wizard will not open on the computer that I would like to use (with Vista). One time a small icon that said something about New Hardware wizard opened in the lower right hand corner, but disappeared before I could read or click it.

I have uninstalled everything I could find on this computer, and tried reinstalling but New Hardware wizard just will not open, and I don

Do you have your vinyl cutter powered on when you are checking your USB?  Needs to be..   Maybe you would have better luck by uninstalling and  downloading the Sign Blazer software right from the EBAY auction,  more people seem to use that.    It is listed where is says 5 Reasons to buy from US Cutter.  # 4  Download the software,  

Also, you are not using the vinyl cutter on a USB Hub are you?  cause you cannot,,  It has to be direct to your computer.

Can I also ask what type of laptop you are using that has only 1 USB port?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-USCutter-24-25-Vinyl-Cutter-Cutting-Plotter-w-USB_W0QQitemZ280390318662QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414890ba46&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

What I need to know at this time is how to install the driver if the New Hardware wizard won't open???

I have pointed vista to my CD rom drive and clicked on everything on the little disk. It just shows me what's there but does not open anything?:)

at this point I suggest you submit a support ticket to US Cutter, If you have not already done so. You can also call them, so they can talk with you on the phone, and walk you thru everything.  They can also remotely go into your computer and vinyl cutter. 

Nobody  :) I talked to knew how to install the driver if the New Hardware wizard didn't open. My son the computer wiz was here over the weekend and got it running. It took him over 4 hours and he almost threw in the towel a few times. He said it was straightforward WHEN you found the right path, but running the maze to find the right path was unnecessarily difficult.

so which computer did you install the cutter on.. the  Vista?  Also is the Vista 32bit or 64bit?  You never stated that.

Vista

32bit or 64bit? I don't know where to find that.

After lightning took out my last computer (when it was just a year old) I just picked up a cheap e-machine digital media manger.

I used to buy the best computer I could afford, but a year later computers are 1/2 the price with twice the speed, and other goodies (year after year). Now I just get the cheapest one that will do what I want.

I have a Compaq.  I just click Control panel.  then click the icon for system>  then it shows all your info,  like brand of Computer, Ram , operating system, processor,  etc.   

I hope you like that e-machine. I've never had one go bad...and I have one that stays on 24/7 for 5 years now. Don't sell them short.

I have a Compaq.  I just click Control panel.  then click the icon for system>  then it shows all your info,  like brand of Computer, Ram , operating system, processor,  etc.   

It was about 3 clicks behind the icon for systems, but not hard to find. 32bit.

My last e-machine was taken out in a lightning storm, but it was a good computer. This one wants to back up everything which slows it way down. I need to figure out how to override that.

I'm glad you have had good luck with your emachine John, but I have not found that to be the norm for them. I have always referred to them as the EYmachine. As in Every Year you need to replace a major part or you need a new one. Hard disks are by far the most common failure, motherboards are next. And they are owned by Gateway now in case you didn't know that. gateway was notorious for putting oneoff junk in pcs that fails. So is Emachines.

I had a friend a  few years back bring me 3 emachines he had bought the same day from the same store, all the same model. they had in progression all failed in a little over a year. Each one at different times, and he had finally run out of other pc's to use. Our thought was to take each unit apart and combine to possibly get him one running computer. now remember these are all the same model computer. the motherboards in 1 of the 3 was different entirely than the other. 2 of the machine had HD failures. Tried swapping drives. the Emachines EEPROM that verifies hardware would not allow the switch. One had a MB failure but everything else was good. tried swapping out the matching motherboard to that machine. It would ID the HD, since the numbers didn't match from the cd. Even tried complete Wipe and reinstall .. no go. I was finally able to obtain a bare copy of XP and get it installed, after a low level format of the Disk, then letting windows format it again.

Ok I have ranted enough. I do this for a living at my day job, and by far see more E-machines that people I know bring me to repair than any other, just when it comes to hardware failures. I see just as many for viruses etc from everyone. I am a Dell man at my company, business machines mainly. I have only had 3 hardware failures in 8 years on 175 machines that run 24/7. One monitor, one Server HD, and one Laptop Keyboard (may have had pop spilled on it).

Just my 2 cents,

kevin

6/3/2010 update, Same problem different computer. New hardware wizard will not pop up and there is NOWHERE to go. I have clicked "find new hardware" but my computer can not find it?:)