Sign in to follow this  
LaurieChrst

Computer keeps restarting

:'(

I install the drivers and it showed up as COM4.

When I try to cut something the computer crashes into a restart and will not reload windows until I unplug the cutter.

I tryed to change it over to COM3...but as soon as I did it crashed again and wouldn't restart fully until I unplugged the cutter from the USB port.

What do I need to do? Do I need to buy a different cord and run this through a different type of port? Or is there something else I should do?

Laurie

this same thing happened to me about 3 weeks ago. The computer would literally not boot while the thing was plugged in. I replaced the cord,and that took care of it. A new USB cable should be easy to find for $10 or less.

Guest sciondrgn

Are you Running the Cutter through a direct USB port on the PC or through a hub? If a hub try running it directly to the comptuer?

Guest sciondrgn

Directly through the computer

Hmm Only thing I can think of is try uninstalled your cutter software and uninstalling the cutter drivers, Let your computer reboot then re-install the drivers and then the software and set everything back up

What Software are you cutting with and What are your computer specs?

a computer will crash or not boot when there is a bad piece of hardware attached to it. The hardware can be in the computer or a periphrial.

My guess,since it is NOT the usb cable,that either the usb port on the machine itself,or the motherboard,is bad.

I don't think it is actually the computer,it is reacting as it should.

If you have another computer,try and hook the cutter up and see if the same thing happens. If you don't,maybe you have a friend with a laptop or something.

One thing,and it's a long shot,is that your USB controler on the computer is bad. Do you have any other devices attached to your computer via USB?If so,do they work ok?

I'm using the same port that I use for my camera. And I also tried to use the same port that the printer was in. Both did the same thing....made it crash.

I have a laptop that I'm going to try it on when I get home from work. If that crashes also...then what...it's the plotter?

it would just about have to be.

I repair computers,and when a problem occurs,this is how you trouble shoot...unplug everything,then plug things back in,one at a time. If something is bad, you will find it.

If your computer works fine and crashes as soon as you plug in the cutter...well, there it is.

If it does the same thing on your laptop, then it is deffinately a hardware issue with the cutter.