Sign in to follow this  
BigDaddyChris

wanna tick off a harley rider?

this guy on a harley rides past my shop about 6 times every day. he sits here at the red light revving his engine non-stop. I want to make a sticker for the back of my truck, or a t-shirt that says "whats wrong with your motorcycle? Seems like you have to rev it to keep it running"

you know they would never want to admit they rev the engine cause they think it sounds cool, or that they were trying to show off. not would they want to admit there's something wrong with the bike. a catch 22 for their ego. :thumbsup:

BDChris ,

I can tell we are going to have some fun .Wait until Thor joins in  :thumbsup: . Many people think a Harley sounds great . I Like the Formula 1 car type sound ... intense power . I have several Jap bikes because of the power . I did some roadracing & alot of dragracing .Something about an in-line 4 turning 16K that touches my inner tuning fork  :thumbsup: . I never rev anything up when people are around , but I like hearing it when they are not .It sounds much better at speed  :thumbsup:

My suburban with a flowmaster sounds great too, but I don't sit at intersections going VROOM VROOM! I guess this isnt a diss at harleys, but more the rider who feels the need to sit there and rev the engine for no reason.

My Harley is a 1971 Shovel head. When its red hot the oil pressure drops to half a pound. The rider may be keeping his oil pressure up at long idle. Loud pipes do not save lives / and for long engine life it needs baffles that keep back pressure on the motor. 33 years on the same bike ..... A good thing it can't talk

BDChris , I thought i was going to read this after the subject title " put them in a round room & tell them to pee in the corner "  ;D

this guy on a harley rides past my shop about 6 times every day. he sits here at the red light revving his engine non-stop. I want to make a sticker for the back of my truck, or a t-shirt that says "whats wrong with your motorcycle? Seems like you have to rev it to keep it running"

you know they would never want to admit they rev the engine cause they think it sounds cool, or that they were trying to show off. not would they want to admit there's something wrong with the bike. a catch 22 for their ego. ;D

Thanks this just gave me a great idea for some stickers and shirts but not for motorcycles for imports. LOL

I Like the Formula 1 car type sound ... intense power.

Something like this, Rodger?

http://butifnot.tripod.com/racecar.html

LOL FM , While I love the Crazy Frog , that is not the sound I was describing . Here is 1 of my favorite Crazy Frog videos from YouTube .

BTW , I just traded for a Kawk H1 with chambers . It is all original & pristine except for the chambers .Some Snap , Crackle & Pop from years ago . I'll be going down the road now thanks to you with the Crazy Frog brain worm working while smelling Castrol burning .  ;D

My Harley is a 1971 Shovel head. When its red hot the oil pressure drops to half a pound. The rider may be keeping his oil pressure up at long idle. Loud pipes do not save lives / and for long engine life it needs baffles that keep back pressure on the motor. 33 years on the same bike ..... A good thing it can't talk

The biker bar is across the street, the stop light is 1/4 block away. if he's overheating in that short distance I guess I have to apologize, cuz there really is something wrong with his bike, lol.

Hey Thor/Jeff ;D ,

I don't have anything against Harleys .. My wife worked at the Annapolis dealership for several years .I don't like the hypocrisy about being American when they use so many foreign parts & even use foreign engines in some of the Buells & had German Porsche engineers design the V-Rod engine . That & acting like they are awesome . I have a stock 600 Yamaha that would scald any stock Harley/Buell of any size .

oh , I like the rattle effect also .. I just like the high frequency/fast stuff , instead of the low/slow type  :) .

Oh come on fellas.  Everone knows that you rev engines to increase the vibration.  Luck you wear helmets to hide the expression of unadulterated bliss on your faces.

;D LOL!! ;D I'm suitably impressed! A tough man with a palm sander.....every girls dream.