Sign in to follow this  
killerdecals

Can not open the output device error

I am backed up with orders and my cutter isn't working now. I have the Refine MH 1351 and it has worked great for a couple years now but monday I went to work on more orders and when I went to cut it gave me the can not open the output device error initializing cutter! I can move the cutter from the cutter but it will not move with the signblazer. If i hook the USB up it doesn't give me that error but it loads the job and starts to trace it but the cutter doesn't move. Port settings all match the computer and cutter. Orders are backing up and people are starting to ask where their items are please helP!!

I suggest you try and call US Cutter support NOW before they close for the weekend.They should be there for another hour or so.

1-888-298-8143 (use option 2 for support)

They said it was my I/O board so I ordered it and had it shipped overnight and that still wasn't the problem! $75 down the drain Grrrrrr I am getting so frustrated!

call them back. It's not easy to diagnose a problem over the phone..and I guess they missed it on this one. Did they attempt to run through your setup to make sure everything was right?

I am backed up with orders and my cutter isn't working now. I have the Refine MH 1351 and it has worked great for a couple years now but monday I went to work on more orders and when I went to cut it gave me the can not open the output device error initializing cutter! I can move the cutter from the cutter but it will not move with the signblazer. If i hook the USB up it doesn't give me that error but it loads the job and starts to trace it but the cutter doesn't move. Port settings all match the computer and cutter. Orders are backing up and people are starting to ask where their items are please helP!!

Did you try just uninstalling Sign Blazer and the driver and reinstalling it all again? 

They were a great help! They were on the phone with me for an hour or so and he accessed my computer via internet and looked at everything. We narrowed it down to the motherboard since we replaced the I/o board and that wasn't it so they sent me a new motherboard overnight and that was it so we are back in business!! We had a bolt of lightning hit our shop and I think that fried it because it also knocked the hot water heater out as well. Thanks to all the helpful techs at Us Cutter! They say your machines are cheap but they do the job just fine for me thank you! Also thanks to all of you for helping me get this figured out and giving me advice.

I am also having the same exact problem and I have only cut maybe 6 items so far. I sent a support ticket but no response yet. If it is my mother board I will be upset. New machine and a deadline on a reunion order.

Well after they made sure the settings were all correct which I knew they were then it narrows down to 2 things it seems , the I/O board may be bad or the Motherboard. Are you still under warranty? I found going to the Us Cutter website under support and trying to get the live chat help was great cuz they can access your computer via internet and check your settings and such. It is very frustrating when your machine does not work and you are slammed with orders I know. Good Luck!

I am also having the same exact problem and I have only cut maybe 6 items so far. I sent a support ticket but no response yet. If it is my mother board I will be upset. New machine and a deadline on a reunion order.

Did you ever get your machine fixed then?