Sign in to follow this  
lastfuse

Flexi Starter Or SignCut-X2?

Which one is better for the price?

And what are the Pros & Cons to both softwares?

I'm currently using the PC software that came with my cutter and would love to be able to ditch it when I move in to my shop next week.

Both have their pros and cons..I used SignCut for awhile and liked it but it is really only cutting software. Flexi,even starter, has some design features as well.

I don't know the price of either at US Cutter, but if they are about the same, I'd

go with Flexi. You are going to need some type of design software with either one. Inkscape, which is FREE, is a good one.

While flexi has a few design features, there is no way it can compare with the plotter control afforded by SignCut. Compare feature to feature a user using Signcut with Corel Draw or Illustrator  or even the free opensource package Inkscape. Signcut completes the package and provides the most powerful combination on the market today.

Do I say this because I get paid to say it? Yes, but I was a customer long before SignCut started sending me paychecks. I said it then and I say it now with confidence. Please feel free to download a full working version of SignCut when you get your plotter and try it for yourself.

I eventually settled in with FlexiStarter and have been very happy with the decision.

If you ever get a chance at a copy of Flexi Pro at a good price..you won't believe the difference. It's like going from a cadillac to a Rolls-Royce.

Glad to hear you found a solution that works for you. Once your comfortable with your cutter I would still sugest giving our product a try, I think most would agree after a fair test that the features in Signcut for controlling your plotter are very advanced and can save you both time and money in labor and materials.

Features like our Cut By Color, Interactive tiling, Interactive weed lines, registration marks, cutting of missing objects, not to mention contour cutting, animated previews, and many many more.

If you decide to give it a try and need help getting started feel free to email me directly.

kimon@signcutusa.com

That being said ...

Are Flexi and SignCut the only options for Mac? I ask because I recently crashed my PC and converted to a Mac Pro with  XP Pro running on it.

That being said ...

Are Flexi and SignCut the only options for Mac? I ask because I recently crashed my PC and converted to a Mac Pro with  XP Pro running on it.

I'm no Mac expert..but if you have XP pro running on it,why would you need Mac specific cutting software?

That being said ...

Are Flexi and SignCut the only options for Mac? I ask because I recently crashed my PC and converted to a Mac Pro with  XP Pro running on it.

I'm no Mac expert..but if you have XP pro running on it,why would you need Mac specific cutting software?

Hahaha. You're absolutely right. I failed to mention, totally my bad, that ideally I would like to be able to just work in the Mac environment, rather than the hassle of rebooting.

**Yes, I'm aware of Fusion, and no, I would prefer not to run Windows that way  :huh:

Seriously, are Flexi and Signcut the only two option for me to use with my Mac & LP24?  I really, really want to be able to switch over to Mac with minimal "transition" time of rebooting to Windows.

While flexi has a few design features, there is no way it can compare with the plotter control afforded by SignCut. Compare feature to feature a user using Signcut with --  completes the package and provides the most -- on the market today.

I was wondering about the availability of software myself, I am using Flexi starter, because it was relatively cheap, $120, and was all I could find at the time. Note that the Pro version is "a rolls royce" it really better be, at $2000 bucks.

the rudimentary drawing ability of the flexi Jr is handy at times - but only because I do the creating in another room on another machine, then take it to the dedicated one to cut.

the thing is, flexi-JR has been giving me fits when I try to cut more than one line/ 2 copies/ or anything complicated. I have been cutting smaller than 2x2 ft and that doesnt bother me so much as not knowing if "this time" it is going to stop in the middle of the second line and cut straight to the origin corner, again.

Many folks have been raving about it, seems to work fine for them. I have increased the data transfer from 0 to the max, installed the extra cost USB hardware from Keyspan, checked each and every step, and yet I cant set "cut" and go get a coffee = I have to baby sit every second of the cut.

To test Signcut I need www access or dongle, even for the Trial?  so I have one G4 450 in another room dedicated to the cutter, but it is was connected by wireless which seems to have stopped working, So to try the Test version = to verify it will cut several long lines and words with-out fault,  I need to get it connected to the net?  then DL the program and so on.

what is the cost of the SignCut and how integrated is it with illistrator?  I went to the web site but saw not much info at all on the program itself.

The only difference between the trial and the full version of our software is the length of time you may use it. In order to test Signcut in full mode you will need to activate it using the internet. Once activated it will run for the trial period without any further connection. If you decide to purchase SignCut you will then either need an internet connection about once a week to keep it active or once a session to reactivate it should it go beyond the approximate 2 weeks without verification. Your other choice would be a Dongle which in effect is a lifetime license.

Signcut is integrated with Illustrator by means of a plugin which after installed will add a menu item to the file menu Send TO Signcut. By clicking the send to signcut your active file will be optimized and exported to Signcut for cutting.

There are several purchase options available and you may review them on our website after registering for a trial by logging in to your account using your registered email and license number.

Here are the current prices for your information.

SignCut-X2 3-Months Subscription $36

Which one is better for the price?

And what are the Pros & Cons to both softwares

I'm currently using the PC software that came with my cutter and would love to be able to ditch it when I move in to my shop next week.

Can i presume that since this is a Mac board that you mean to ditch the MSpc? If still using the MS-PC Flexi has good reviews, as does SignCut, the main difference is the interface and SCP is a plug-in where Flexi is a program.  if however, you mean to move to a Mac-pc, you may wind up with real problems using the Flexi starter.

"quote"

"Quote from: Speedoggy

Have you gone into DEFAULT JOB PROPERTIES and changed your packet size to 1000 kb? Whatever is there erase and enter 1000,  Also change the quality to medium,    click apply and ok.  ---  I am running on windows XP,  --- This design is 20" wide x 77" long --- I love Flexistarter."

Yes and Yes, and more.

The answer may be in this one line: "I am running on windows xp"

Flexi may not be putting in the necessary time to make the software MACpc compliant,

so for one: I probably would have been better off to buy a cheap MSpc for cutting,

and I did not do the research into cutting programs that I should have ,

I am currently in the process of documenting step by step the set-up, settings, and problems I am having with Flexi, it is time consuming and have to work that in as time allows.

"quote"

While flexi has a few design features, there is no way it can compare with the plotter control afforded by SignCut. Compare feature to feature a user using Signcut with Corel Draw or Illustrator  or even the free opensource package Inkscape. Signcut completes the package and provides the most powerful combination on the market today.

Do I say this because I get paid to say it? Yes, but I was a customer long before SignCut started sending me paychecks. I said it then and I say it now with confidence. Please feel free to download a full working version of SignCut when you get your plotter and try it for yourself.

I fully agree with this statement. Flexi starter can communicate with the cutter alright, and it does have a few design features, but SignCut is the full cutting package, and ties into design software very well. Not to mention it is a less expensive product, especially if you buy a cutter from us, because we give you a 1 year subscription for free!

I fully agree with this statement. Flexi starter can communicate with the cutter alright, and it does have a few design features, but SignCut is the full cutting package, and ties into design software very well. Not to mention it is a less expensive product, especially if you buy a cutter from us, because we give you a 1 year subscription for free!

1. more expensive at the outset, but less expensive when taken into account the hours and material wasted with flexi. :-

2. I already had flexi-jr trying to get an older cutter back to life.

3. when bought this cutter did not see (didnt notice) any free subscription

4. how do i go about connecting with that free subscription now?

thanks SignCutPro guys,

Guest Hugo Valencia

you should have a code on invoice email you received, at the bottom it will say SignCut pro Bundle registration code.

if you cant find it

You can contact us at:

support.uscutter.com  |  1-888-298-8143

www.uscutter.com

I eventually settled in with FlexiStarter and have been very happy with the decision.

CyberSultan, what specific computer and OS are you using? and did you have any difficulty setting up FS? Using Keyspan?

I am trying to collect as much specific data as I can, hopefully the result of this compilation can be posted in the next few months, in the form of a Mac users trouble shooters help.

thanks for the input.

you should have a code on invoice email you received, at the bottom it will say SignCut pro Bundle registration code.

if you cant find it

You can contact us at:

support.uscutter.com  |  1-888-298-8143

www.uscutter.com

:thumbsup:

Just so folks know, my email provider went to a google based system, which then is redirected to my desktop mail program. The problem is that at the google mail site level there is a "spam" folder with a filter that is controlled by the google site, so some mail gets trapped in there, some does not.  In this case both times that uscutter sent the email with the link in it, that particular email was tagged as spam -- and I never saw it in the redirected mail. I was quizzing my provider and as a result went to the google mail where I found and retrieved the email.

If you happen to have a similar situation, be sure to check the google mail site spam folder, occasionally.

;D