Sign in to follow this  
gray fox

help # 2

Maybe I'm just plain stupid, but I still can't get the new P-Cut to work.  When I first got it, it cut out 2 letters then quit.  I thought my computer had gone wild..but it was checked out by a professional and found to be OK.  It just can't seem to find the driver for the cutter.  The cutter cuts the test pattern OK, but don't communicate with the computer for some reason. I have tried the driver download from your site as you suggested, but so far nothing has changed.  Any suggestions..or am I beyond help?  Maybe something has happened to the cutter?? (loose wire..etc)  Thanks...

Make sure the Baud rate on the cutter matches the Baud rate in the cutting software.

I thought I remembered you having had trouble installing with the supplied disk. If the computer doesn't initiate after inserting the disk, try going to Start, Run, type in D: or whatever letter is assigned to your DVD drive, and hit Enter. See if this starts the supplied disk, then follow the instructions. Just a thought.

Make sure the cutter says Online, and after unsucessful cuts, you may need to press the online button, then the reset button to clear the buffer memory. Also make sure you have the correct COM port selected and you may want to try setting the Baud rate on the cutter to 19200 as well as the software.

OK..I totally give up!  I have worked for hours to get the PCut to do SOMETHING, but to no avail.  I re-installed the software in another computer (laptop) with a NEW activation code furnished by Signblazer, and it says the activation code is wrong.  I am ready to send it back for a refund, or let YOU program it for me.  I can send the lap top and the cutter to you and see if you can make it work, or just give me a refund and move on.  Whats your pleasure?  I am totally flustrated...there must be something wrong with the cutter..it worked for one cut when I first got it and then stopped...never to work again. I have tried eveything I can to make it work, but it just sits there smiling at me.  I really like it..but if I can't get it to work, it's just a costly doorstop.

:DThanks Ken for all your help..it's working fine this morning, thanks to you.  Now all I have to do is learn how to use it to it's full potential. 

Gray,

Let us know what had to be done to get it to function properly. This may help others with similar experiences in the future.

I think it was just a driver problem.  Once Ken  downloaded the driver inton my computer, everything else dropped into place and it works great.  Have cut several signs and they look good..even for an old guy..LOL.

hey,watch the 'old guy ' stuff. I'll be 53 in 10 days. I'm sensative.