Sign in to follow this  
piratedistributing

Im not happy - Able to return cutter ?

What material are you trying to cut, someone here may be able to help with settings, technique or blade selection.

Im using just regular vinyl ( Oracal651 ) Im trying to cut designs that a pretty complex and I dont think the machine can habdle it. I keep getting blades bouncing and not cutting straight ( jagged lines ) and some lines dont even connect or cut all the way through when others will. Not to mention the SignBlazer progrma crashes everytime I try and do anything. I'm really frustrated.

We would be happy to replace the unit for you, or try replacing the carriage to solve the poor cutting quality. I have heard of cases where balde depth, cutting downforce and cut speed adjustments have solved these types of issues. Sometimes it IS an actual hardware failure, and we do stand behind the products we sell so......

As for SignBlazer, you could also try SignCut to see if it works better for you. I had a customer on the phone earlier today and SB was freezing for them, so I had him download the trial to SignCut and he liked it alot better because he already was using Corel Draw. It also never froze on him so.....there are options.

Guest sciondrgn

I had the same issue with the blade holder jumpiing and making jagged cuts, Make sure the blade holder is in the rear postion on the carriage as well as lift the holder slightly up so the needle is away from the vinyl..

Or if you want post up the file you were trying to cut and I will test it out on my pcut!

Hope everything works out for you!!

I tried adjusting the blade in the holder ( it is in the rear )  Ive tried various pressures and blade depthes but still I can get a clean cut. Im not sure if its the the machine or what. Ill try some more options, Im ready to throw in the towel yet, Im just really frustrated. WOuld someone mind looking at my eBay stroe ( Piratedistributing ) and look at some of the designs to see if theyre realistic to cut on this machine, I was cutting them on a Summa b4 with no problem but I know it also had a tangenital ( spelling ? ) blade, So I dont know if thats also a factor. Im up for any suggestions. Thanks, Trent

I wouldn't think most of those designs would be a problem. There's an awful lot of weeding involved, to be sure, by I don't think it would present a problem for the machine. However, there are a couple that might pose issues that only a tangential blade could resolve, depending upon the size and other factors. Are you creating the images in Corel? Are you creating the designs, or downloading from another site? Are they being converted from one format to another? Is you blade offset set up properly? (On intricate designs, the offset could have an affect.) 

Guest fivestar

Pirate why don't you just post some of your files and we will try to cut them and let you know for sure if they can be cut with the cutter?

I don't know if this will help. when i got my cutter i had some of your same problems and found that one of the 4 sets of guide wheels was not sitting on the track lettting the cutter head move around alot. once i got the guide wheels pushed together every thing started coming together.