BLUE T4

BEER MUGS

Charlie,

I use a Nikon D80. ISO 100, 1/60, F3.5 or ISO 400, 1/60,  F4.0. If your flash is bouncing off your subject you could diffuse it with tissue or tracing paper over the flash, unless you can shoot with indirect flash. The shots with a yellow hue are ambient light, no flash. Angled is better than head on.

OK, got everything setup today, ended up with a 5lbs jar of AO 220 grit and a 50lbs bag of Black Diamond 40-80 grit - only used the black stuff.

I didn't feel the cabinet at all, just a couple of big scoops and it worked fine. My compressor is not suited for this kind of work on a daily basis, it gets hot :thumbsup:

Had to clean up and empty the cabinet to re- seal the external joints, it was "leaking" some granules. Need to get better lighting for it, but once I get used to this and can get some business to justify the expense I'm gonna get a bigger cabinet, probably a Homemade one, pressure pot and a dust colllector.

Will post picture in a few  :)

looking forward to the pics WWPRO. I am about to dive into that end of it too!!! In about a month I will make the dive I think and buy all the equipment. Once I start making some vinyl sales to justify it.

I'm making up some graphic demo boards to display at my friends restaurant that I did the logo for. He said I could put up some demo boards and he would sell graphics for me. I told him I would give him a cut of each one sold. I will probably start off by taking orders and delivering the decals or mailing them since I live a hour away. Once I know the big demand I'll have some pre-made for him to sell.

Here it is, is the emblem of a soccer team I've been a fan since I was born :)

post-4739-12986543941129_thumb.jpg

post-4739-12986543958794_thumb.jpg

I got some at Michaels. A litle tip. Go in buy something small and cheap. you will get a coupon for 50% off next week. Then you can go and buy a 22oz bottle for $22 instead of $13 for the 3oz bottle

I rinse it under the kitchen tap using COLD water. Keep flushing it for a bit after all signs of cream are gone.

Charlie

Here's one I made last night - I need a pressure pot right now - siphon takes forever ( and this is my second etch lol)

Used AO 220 grit, big difference with the black diamond 40-80 grit I used before.

EDIT : Etched area was spray painted a chrome color

post-4739-12986543994629_thumb.jpg

post-4739-12986543995294_thumb.jpg

post-4739-12986544005284_thumb.jpg

post-4739-12986544005829_thumb.jpg

wwpro, how did the paint hold up that you sprayed on the blasted part? Will it come off in the dishwasher? I don't know it that is a good idea or not. Do people seem to like it? Thanks

Mike

Haven't washed any of them yet :thumbsup:

They were not intended for drinking purposes, that one is holding candies right now  :thumbsup:

For the vacuun sandblasting unit you guys could check Etchmaster, they sell the unit for about 890 Usd.

Hope this helps someone.

beautiflllllll  can you etch a caricature if i send it/ them can you scan the caicature /cut and etch

or is that possible  i know an elderly gentleman with an eye(literally 1 eye)  for caricatures.  he is in need of income.i'm thinking  if the idea works he could have his work put on mugs 

Lots of good info here!

I'm gonna try it out this weekend on my uncles blasting cabinet :)

I've been etching some pint glasses also.  

Pints%20web2.jpg

A good source for glasses are restaraunt supply houses.  

Crate and Barrel also have their $4 glasses which are really nice.

coffeeMugFriday.jpg

Pilsner%20web.jpg