BLUE T4

BEER MUGS

Very nice!! What did you use to etch them???

Do you need a special vinyl?

A guy at work yesterday asked me if I could etch their logo onto some shot glasses and stuff. I told him I would see what it would take!!

C3 GRAFIKS  very nice beer mugs i thought about sandblasting them i done several for some restaurants here that are local but they are so busy they said they will get back with me the end of this week or beginning of next week

BUT THOSE LOOK NICE I SANDBLAST MINE AS THE ETCHING CREAM I AM NOT TO FAWN OF THE SMELL 

YEA THE CREAM SMELL IS PRETTY UGH.UNTILL I GET SOME SANDBLASTING EQM. HAVE TO BEAR THE SMELL. BUT I DO IT OUTSIDE SO THE SMELL DONT GET TO ME AS MUCH.

C3 GRAFIKS  i got my sandblast cabinet and pressure pot and all from harbor freight i think with every thing and the walnut shells came to little under 550 if that its been several years ago like 2006 it was

i sandblast things with vinyl and also i have the sandblast resist material also

do the walnut shells cut better than silica?

bb

i get all mu mugs glasses at the dollor tree / dollor store for $1.00 plus tax and sell them for any where from 5.00 to 10.00 depending on detail

Those are NICE!!!  I made a Steelers, Penguins and Penn State one for my dad for his birthday.  I told him once the Pirates start doing well, I'll make him one of those too!  :thumbsup:

I wish I had the steelers eps that you used, it looks a lot better that the one I used.

Guest Schramm

cutme  i personally think so they are alot smaller and less to miss any area

Walnut Shells on glass?  Hmmmm, I use aluminum oxide (COSTLY) but latley have just been using Black Beauty - CHEAP and 100% effective.  I will have to try walnut shells, does it cut fast?  I can frost with BB in the 1st pass and it is available at Menards for $7 for 50lbs and can be re-used about 4 times before it looses its strength.  It is also silica free as it is chrushed charcoal.

I have a 14 CFM 60 gallon air compressor, blasting cabinet, gas powered 9CFM air compressor for on site blasting, a vacuum blaster and a pressure pot. 

I cannot stand etching cream, make sure you are wearing gloves with that stuff as the active ingreadient is hydrofloric acid which attacks calcium.  Doesnt exactly burn your skin and you dont feel it but it absorbs into the skin and attacks your bones (basically dissolving them).  It is nasty nasty stuff and not enough warning is put onto the container. 

Nice job on the mugs by the way!

I was able to find some mugs at my local Deals store. They are kind of like a dollar tree but sell stuff for more than a dollar too.

The mugs were $1 ea and they said they can order as many as I need since they carry them all the time.

Yea judging by what the guys at work said last night im going to need about 5-6 cases.  :thumbsup:

All I'm seeing is $$$$$$$$ I figure $10 for one $17 for 2 or 4 for $30

bamafan2277 go ahead with ur bad ass  i am up for adoption u know my birthday is comeing up lol

I WAS GETTING 13.00 PER MUG. IS THAT TO MUCH I HAVE AN ORDER FOR 15 THATS HAS TO BE DONE BY SUNDAY.

Guest Schramm

All I can say if you are getting the job then it is not too much.  If you are using etching cream however much of your profit is wasted and if you get busy with it then get a blaster unit. 

Love that cake!!!

Rob

starting out im using etching cream. I found a killer deal at Michaels crafts right now. They have a deal for next week. You buy anything this week and get a coupon for 40% off any one item. I have 2 stores locally. I hit both of them this morning getting some small things I needed. Next week im going to each one to get 22oz jars of etching cream normally $36 down to about $22.

Also if you sign up on their website you can get a 50% off coupon too. I plan on using that for a large cutting matt that is normally $60

bamafan2277  thanks for the birthday cake even tho my birthday is in several more yrs ( months ) it skips like every 6 yrs for me I'm tired of birthdays and Christmas i get older and uglier

and if your getting 13.00 hell fire go with it with your bad ass