Sign in to follow this  
#D-zine#

How often do you replace power supplies?

I have a 24" LaserPoint and my issue is that my cutter is only a few months old and I am only on my second blade and it shuts off on it's own.  After it is turned on it will boot up and show online, but then shortly after the LCD fades out and the machine reboots.  It will just sit there and continue doing this over and over until I shut it off.  I opened it up and the LED on the power supply fades as well.  I checked the emergency stops and everything inside looks great.  All connections are tight and I even plugged it straight to the wall without the power strip.  I don't see any parts "burnt" up, nor have I ever smelt anything burnt.  Unfortunate for me the warranty is up and I have hardly used it!  I have a new power supply on the way.  I was just wondering how many others have had this issue and if it has happened more then once on the same plotter.

Guest sciondrgn

Cant say that I have, My pcut is 2 years old now with all original factory parts

Lucky... :-X

After getting off the phone with support and ordering the part I was told it would be here no later then Friday, but according to the tracking receipt it will be here Monday!  AHHH  I notice it didn't ship till like 5pm the next day!  I have a store front due on the 3rd for a grand opening and I still don't know if this is the fix.

Sounds like a power supply issue or a loose wire causing a short. Power supply should get you going and if not, check the wiring.