Sign in to follow this  
Spike

Craft Robo CC330L-20 cutting .13mm Velum

Hey there,

I just got a 330L and so far it is working great cutting stencil film.

I need to be able to also cut velum that can be reusable stencils.  I gave it a shot and seems the cutter is not cutting all the way through. I think it needs more down pressure, but can't seem to find the settings for that?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Spike

I don't have that cutter - so no help from me on pressure setting location.  Does the blade holder allow for adjusting the exposed part of the blade on your cutter?  Or does it have different blade holders for different depths?  If you can find the pressure setting try that first - if it doesn't do the trick try to adjust or change the blade holder.

-Mike

Don't know if it has a pressure setting. That is what I need to know.  I tried the different holders, still not cutting 100%  Or another question would be does anyone sell a masking material that is reusable that will run through the cutter?

Yes use a carrier sheet - Walmart carries the Crikut brand ones or you can make your own with a piece of vinyl backing paper sprayed with adhesive.  The red cap is supposed to cut .3mm - you can cut over the design twice to make it cut deeper.  I looked at the manual online and don't think there is a pressure setting.  BTW it's hard on your cutting strip to cut unlined media without a carrier sheet - won't take long to ruin the strip and require replacement.

-Mike

Doesn't this cut either direct from a memory card or or from your computer? The memory card route is foreign to me, but if I read correctly my understanding is this also cuts from a computer using CuttingMaster. The attached screen shot displays the screen using CuttingMaster II showing the ROBO Controller offering cutting speed adjustment from 1-10 and cutting pressure (thickness) from 1-33.

12563ca0.jpg

Correct.  Still with the setting all the way up, it will not cut 100% through the velum.

I'm not familar with Velum. That said, perhaps the AccuBlade Holder for this cutter might offer the solution you are looking for; unless you believe the machine to just not be capable of the pressures needed.