HEADSTRONG

Going to the basics (REVISED)

Can someone here please tell me how to get rid of a bad cut. I have read many posts and still do not get it .Example : My text is: believe

Cuts the inside of the b,e,e,e  terrible .starts the cut somewhat strait ,then goes into the cut leaving a weeding snag.does this on some of the outside text as well.The strip is smooth and the vinyl is flat ,blade seems to be set good,pressure seems to be fine . I am at a loss for words and this is driving me crazy .please ,please any information on a fix with this would be  :thumbsup:

I am going to be as clear as possible with this as I am sure someone new will run into this as well .

1. Laser 24 cutter

2. Sign blazer Elements 2008 (the disc that came with the cutter)

3.Adjusted the blade=I think I have it adjusted pretty close per reading other posts on here

4.offset = not sure on if I tried this correctly ,butI think it is in the set up menu,if so I played with that and from what I see it has done nothing to change what is happening with the cuts.

5.blades using=the ones that came with the cutter .

6.After just getting a e-mail from the support group from US Cutter they told me to try the pen to see if I get the same results.I put the pen in the holder and tried it and from what I can see it seems like every start point is a dot which would = the start ,snag marks on the vinyl that occur.So from what I see the path that the -blade,pen takes every time it drops down to start a cut is harder than the cut after it follows the start path and when it comes to the end of that start path that was strong the ending cut is weaker therefore causing the snag. (these cuts have been done on Thermo film from stahls aslo fashion film as well and I even tried the regular vinyl. I have more to add but would like to see some opinions before I add other things I have tried.

forget email..1-888-298-8143 (use option 2 for support ask for Brandon. He will get you fixed right up.

busy,busy .the phone number you gave me is busy. Seems to be the drop point every time the blade drops following the path that it cuts.all of the insides of the E's start at the drop point and the cut ends up inside the original drop point start.plus the beginning drop point is stonger than the continuous cut.I know this has happen to someone? What is this?

well,keep trying. THis is what happens when Brandon  continually encourages people to call in,even over trivial things, instead of posting solutions here for all to see. I wish I could help, but I am not familiar with that model cutter.

Guest fivestar

Headstrong don't take this the wrong way but that's one difference between a $300.00 cutter and a $1300.00+.  My Refine did the exact same thing, though I could get it to be "better" using the offset in Flexi, but with my GraphTec and my Roland printer/cutter cuts a thousand times better.

The offset should be 0.25mm.  Make sure it is set at that.

Go to the cutter interface screen, click the Setup button at the top, and make sure the Blade Offset mm is at 0.25.

don't take this the wrong way but I have a $300 cutter and have never had that problem,or any others,come to that/

Guest fivestar

don't take this the wrong way but I have a $300 cutter and have never had that problem,or any others,come to that/

Oh I am not taking it the wrong way.  I have 2 of the $300.00 cutters and they both made me alot of $$$$$$$, but they don't cut anything like the GraphTec and Roland.  The Refines and Pcut's are great machines for the price, but they just don't cut like the Rolands and GraphTecs do.

I have flexi and i needed to increase the overcut.   It fixed my problem.  Not sure about other programs.

fingers crossed....Denny

How do you fix the overcut in flexi? I have that program as well ,but it did the same kinda cut in flexi.Maybe the overcut will make it better.And as far as the price .Yes you are correct .You get what you pay for but their should be a way to mediate some problems that occur.

From the few posts that I've read about this issue, Flexi seems to be able to close the cuts a lot cleaner than SBE.

I'm not bagging on SBE, it's just what I've read.

In Flexi you go to cut and when your cut/plot screen comes up go to advance tab and you should see overcut.  mine is set to .100.  Hope this helps.

Denny   

Their a way to keep the cutter from slamming down when it follows the path? Well not slamming but you know what I mean.

Denny ,sure does .Thats the only thing with Flexi .It is a lot more to figure than Blazer .At least that's what I think

I don't know SB at all, i have heard good stuff about it like user friendly for simple stuff, etc.  It seems a lot of the experienced people on here use different programs for different things.  Flexi came with my cutter so that is what i learned.  I have learned what i know from this forum, wealth of information.  I hope you get this figured out.

Take care, Denny

P.S.  Don't know about the slamming thing.. That does not sound good though.

First do you have your blade holder in the back?, 

Is the carriage head firmly on the tracks?

Try raising your blade up more, should just barely be sticking out of holder. 1/2 a credit card thickness

lower your force.

it is firm and is on back. Could be this x-y calibration but I do not know how to adjust it.Keep in mind that I am new to this and do not know what the he** I am doing .Eager though and willing to listen and learn from anyone.  :thumbsup:

Just throwing stuff out... is the blade free to turn inside the holder someone mentioned lubing inside the holder, have not done this myself. Is there anything stuck on the end of the blade,  vinyl, bad blade...etc. if there is slamming (jerking) maybe something in the tracking with the belt.

i feel your pain.

Mine does the same thing. Sometimes it cuts quite well. Other times I fight with it until I give up. I concur on the "you get what you pay for" point. It is not a bad product, please don't take me wrong, but it won't do what a Roland will do.

Have you tried to follow the new bie manual in the instuctional section?

There are things that might help you to track down the issue.

XX calibation is there too.

Regarding offset.

Try at 0mm and increase value in 0.05 steps till it is correct with 0.75 mm as a maximum.

Paco

I do not know squat on how to adjust the x and y configuration ,but does that not tell the size vert and hori .This does not affect the cut does it? The more I try and test possibilities it seems like the drop of the blade at the diffferent paths it starts at is where alot of the snags occur .Is there not a way to lighten the way it follows the paths? Or is that all in the pressure of the cut?In by playing with the offset today with about 10 different cuts I typed in All caps=  ROB Looking at a mirror image of this it pulled the middle of the R inward and the edges outward .I am going to upload in a couple minute a pic of this. Could be offset ,could be this x-y ,or a combination .What a goings on to get this going.I am a picky shi* though.I was thinking if the droping down is the worst of my problems I can light up the pressure and cut it twice .Is there a feature to cut twice? :lol:;D:huh: ??? :huh: ???