Sign in to follow this  
bamafan2277

My First Job!!

I just finished cutting some lettering for my friends restaurant and it turned out real well. I was proud of myself!!!

I had been playing with some cheap vinyl and picked up some Oracal yesterday at a local place. N. Glantz & Son. Its a big difference between the cheap stuff and the "good stuff". Its Oracal all the way for me from now on!!

The photo is of the name we are putting on his door. I did a bigger version for the window of the place.

Carolina Sign supply also hooked me up with some colored vinyl I will be using for him and another job!! Good people to deal with!! Fast Shipping too!!

I will post some photos Sunday or Monday of the finished job!!

post-5717-12986542816998_thumb.jpg

post-5717-12986542825853_thumb.jpg

Guest kenya

Nice job.

I use N. Glantz in Orlando.  :(

I have always liked oracal, but I recently discovered Aspire, its a house brand from Denco sales in vancouver WA. they sell it in ten yard chunks for less than $25, delivered. they send a truck down every day so delivery is next day, and FREE!

Aspire is really nice, it feels like premium vinyl but its as cheap as oracal.

Here is the burger that I cut to go under the Name.

I should have finished photos by Sunday or Monday at the latest!

post-5717-12986542863807_thumb.jpg

post-5717-12986542877794_thumb.jpg

I bought some of the Aspire VInyl from my local supplier, they were clearancing it. The Aspire corp, called them and said unless they sold $10K a month of just their vinyl they couldn't sell it anymore. So they switched to oracal.

I don;'t mind the Aspire stuff but I think Oracal is better overall as far as consistency goes.

kevin

Here is a photo of the job with my camera phone. We did kind of a rush wet job in more ways than one. LoL

It started pouring down rain in the middle of the app. We kept on working. Kinda got the name a bit crooked at the the top.

I told my friend I would cut another name panel and redo it later. He was very happy for the free sign. We had people stop and ask when he was going to open while we were putting it up so its already working.

He's going to be my test subject for several applications! lol.

post-5717-12986543045981_thumb.gif

post-5717-12986543065909_thumb.gif