Sign in to follow this  
Paradox

Brand opinions? ShineRite or FDC?

I use Avery and Universal both have worked good for me for 20 years or so......

lower cost? we're talking a few dollars cheaper.

Go with a quality brand.

lower cost? we're talking a few dollars cheaper.

Go with a quality brand.

FDC and Shinerite are quality brands.

could be. The factory that makes FDC also makes other brands. Same stuff, just diferect names. I have had both Avery and 3m branded on the vinyl itself and rolled on FDC tubes.

I can't tell a dime's worth of difference,and the last roll of Oracal I had, I used less than 10 out of 50 yards and gave it away.

Shinerite is Feller's branded FDC, correct John?

Shinerite is Fellers Branded  General Formulations,

http://www.generalformulations.com/   under products>  sign vinyl>  it is the CC500 series.

This is the same vinyl that EarlMich.com  and alot of other Sign Supply companys put their brand on..  H & H Sign Supply calls it GT,  I have used it from the start of my business over 3 years ago..  Love it, 

Personally, I purchase my vinyl in 24"/30" x 50yds, no way would I want to purchase 70 colors and keep that many rolls and  that kind of scrap/smaller pieces around.  I have over 40 colors now,, with General Formulations vinyl.   I prefer to keep to the basic colors.  I guess that depends on what type of product you are offering. But still, plain ole gloss black is my biggest seller.

We keep Oracal, FDC, Universal, and Avery because of all the reasons stated-

Personal Preference. Grandpop always used to say, "That's why they make Ford's and Chevrolet's"

We use Shinerite the most or Briteline(from Grimco same thing) about 80% Oracal the other. I cant tell the difference between the two except for the white.. I hate shinerite white pain in the ass to weed smaller things

white vinyl on the shinerite is also blue.  I havent run into a situation where i have to do smaller stuff.  so i cant respond to that but I have heard it in more then one occasion that it is a pain

Guest fivestar

Oracal white blows FDC white away in fine detail weeding, but colors are both good at weeding fine detail.  I've never used Shinerite so I can't comment on it.

NEWB here....I tried the " look for the best price to save a penny".....

BUY THE ORACAL!!!!!  I cant emphasise that enough!!  There is NO comparison when it comes to quality.  I just boght some CHEAP off brand vinyl, some Shinebrite, and some Oracal 651.  Well, the cheapo stuff just BLEW..  Period.  Wouldnt give it to my mother iin law.  The shinebrite was very nice....except, I just put a decal with it on my buddys 09 Screamin Eagle on the black....the black bled more than a freddy krueger victim.  I then tried some Oracal..... all I can say is

SPEND THE EXTRA FEW CENTS and make yourself look 1000% better!!!  Thats all I can say!!!

shinerite is pretty good i use it some. however the white seems to always be a pain to weed and the gold and silver dont like to cut right for me for some reason.