patricel67

put creation is cutting a line through some of my lettering.

I have a pcut creation cte630. I use SBE for my cutting program. I have just replaced a blade in the carriage and now when I cut something with a lot of lettering it will cut a line through a few words and not through all. I have to recut that section of lettering and replace it before I tape it. It is becoming very frustrating because it just causes more work for me to do. Can anyone help me with this problem..

Thanks

Patty

sounds like you have some "rogue" nodes in your graphic. post it here so someone else can have a look.

bb

bb

I have check the file for nodes and I do not see any that should not be where they need to be. I have cut this file and several others alot of times and have not had problems before. Like I said. I changed the blade and now it does it in more then one file. so for I has done it to about 8 different files that are cuts with alot of lettering.  PLEASE HELP!!!!!

HJ011_BeinghappyII.eps

HJ011_BeinghappyII.eps

File looks clean to me too.

What connection are you using USB or SERIAL?

Paco

Guest sciondrgn

One thing to check to is that the screw is not tightened down to much holding the blade in. Sometimes it can catch on the plastic cover of the carriage and not let the arm return to the normal position..

I am using serial connection and I have the blade carriage cover off.  Any other suggestions...... PLEASE!!!!

Thanks in advance.

yeah, call Brandon. he loves problems like this. 1-888-298-8143

he will probably have you switch to USB,though.

i think you have a mechanical issue. does the knife head move up and down freely? if you push it down with your finger, does it pop right back up? i just did a test cut with the pen and paper, it cut fine.

bb

You are going to want to check if the thumb screw in the carriage arm is rubbing up against the carriage face plate. If it is then remove the face plate and see if that fixes your issue.