Sign in to follow this  

And take a look at this one...  Are these supposed to be making contact or not?  That is a pretty bad soldering job!  Overall, I'm pretty disappointed in the craftsmanship of this board.

post-2964-12986543061543_thumb.jpg

post-2964-12986543076009_thumb.jpg

Never seen such bad soldering on SMD devices. :thumbsup:

Take a solder iron and certainly replace C52.

Solder through all solderings suspected by just the solder flows again.

With a mulitmeter set on BEEP for 0 ohm you can be sure for no connection.

Take care to use the appropiate solder.

Now adays solder does not contain LEAD anymore. It should have a sign LF (lead free) on the board.

Have fun,

Paco

Have you talked to anyone at US Cutter lately? You didn't say how old the cutter was or if it is still under waranty. I would definately try a new motherboard before I junked the cutter altogether.

Maybe you should send the pics to Brandon. I don't reckon anyone from tech Support at USC has read this post.

Well, I talked to brandon and he tried to do his thing but nothing worked.  Then he asked if I wanted to continue troubleshooting or send it back.  I choose send it back because after 3 computers and all of the other stuff, it says to me the cutter is the problem.  The cutter is less than a year old, but I did get it off of their eBay store.

I apologize...  I'm not going to junk this thing.  I'm just disappointed that I paid that much and it won't even last a year.  :)  I will order a mainboard tomorrow.

Hey ,

I sent you the non-stopping BUG . Did you get it ?  :)

:) .. ( The stopping bug annoyed me  :) ) . I had the doors open last night as the weather was great outside . A real bug landed on the moniter & started chaseing my avatar  :D .

I hope so also  :) ( Don't tell FM that there is 7 BUG posts in a row  :D ) .. I still think my BUG is a bit faster than yours  :)

Ok  :) , can i have the inside line ?  :D ( 8 BUG posts in a row ... A NEW RECORD !!!  :) )

Just got back from shark fishing, no luck!  :-X  BUT, my new mainboard came today!  Going to put it in now!  WISH ME LUCK!!!  ;)

Well, IT CUTS!!!  YAY!!!  BUT, there is a problem!  All of the buttons on the top are messed up!  Like I have to hit "MODE" to set the home position.  When I hit the "HOME POSITION" (crosshair) it moves the vinyl forward!!!  WTF???   :-X;);D

Just to clarify, all of the buttons by the LCD screen don't do what they're supposed to!  They work but do a different function.  And yes, all of the cables are in right.

A Pcut board in a Laserpoint machine or vice versa?

Are there any dipswitches or solder islands to determen the type of machine.

Ask UScutter who send the board.

Paco

There are no dip switches or anything.  And the board says PCut 630 on it.  There is one chip that can be removed adn I may try to switch it with the one from the original board.

It's alive...ALIVE!!!  :thumbsup:

I talked to USCutter, and they said to replace the chip on the new board with the one from the old one.  It's the only chip that you can take out and its the cutter firmware.  NOW IT WORKS!!!  And I also found out that it IS under warranty so when I ship the old board back, I will be refunded the $$$!  YAY!

So, it was a bad mainboard!

Good going OutBreak & good going USCutter  :thumbsup: