Sign in to follow this  

HELP!!!  I'm running Vista using USB and Signblazer.  I have had NO problems until today.  It starts to cut then about .5 seconds later it goes to the right and does the top of a triangle and back to the home position.  Then there are some weird (not normal) symbols on the screen, then it says "waiting".

is the design something new, you have never cut before?  try a different simple design and see if it will cut that..  or if it still does,  try uninstalling Signblazer and reinstalling.

Anybody have any more ideas?  It cuts for a few seconds and the cutter re-boots.  I have grounded it and everything.  Going to stop at bestbuy to see if they have a PCMCIA to serial card.  They're not showing any on-line though.

Yeah, I worked with him for about 45 minutes yesterday, but had to go.  My parents are in town and we had a dinner reservation.

What did you guys did to get it running again?

valuable information!

Paco

Well, I tried a usb to serial cable and another computer and get the same results.  Although it does seem to cut a little more on the other computer.  I'm thinking it's the mainboard.  Any opinions?

What do you use at the cutter side USB or SERIAL?

Paco

Well, tried a desktop and it still stops at the same point.  It seems that it stops after 4 nodes on a eps file.  I talked to Brandon and he said to ship it back.

The problem is, is that I don't have the original box.

Should I spend the $35 to ship it back (PLUS parts) and take a chance, or just spend $80 and get a new mainboard.  I've built my own computers, worked tech support for gateway and have no problem replacing it.

Or should I try a UPS and see if that makes a difference?  They're pretty spendy... OR try a PCI serial card for my desktop.  The USB to SERIAL cable did the exact same thing...

Tried both XP and Vista, USB and USB to SERIAL cable, 2 laptops, 1 desktop, different USB cables.  This DID work great before, but just all of a sudden stopped working.

I didn't read through all of these but I've had that problem too and it seems to be when the cutter comes too close to the end.  flip your cut to be the long way.  Its on the "cut" screen to check the box.

If your a tech guy open the machine and check for loose connectors on the mainboard.

Check them one by one take them off and replug again.

The same for the chips if they are placeable.

If this does not work it is defenetly not the PC's or cables.

Paco

Yeah, that's what I figured - not the PC's.  I got it off of ebay and if their warranty is 6 months, then it's past that time.

I'll probably open it up and take a look.

I would look at it like this . If it isn't the $80 mainboard , you have a good spare . The $35 spent shipping will never be of any benifit . Might be time to buy a back-up cutter & switch out parts until you know what you need to buy ( IF you are sure it is not the cable or computer )    :lol:

Yeah, that's good reasoning.  I'm going to open it up and take a look at it tonight or tomorrow.  If I dont see anything obvious I will order a board then.

:lol:  btw ... my bug is faster than yours  ;D . I have a file that Huamana fixed for me after Xtreme gave me the bug that did not stop 3 x per figure 8 . I'll check if you have your email address in your profile & send it . If not e-mail me & I'll give you the file . Seems many animated avatars don't work . I don't know what Huamana did , but she fixed um  ;D

pretty neat ... 6 posts back to back with da bug  :lol: ...

Hey FM ,

That is funny  :thumbsup:

OK, take a look at this.  I took my cutter apart today and immediatly noticed this (along with QUITE A FEW other poor sodering jobs) :thumbsup:;D.  I'm not sure if it's making contact or not and I don't have a multimeter.  What do you guys think?  Should I throw some solder on there?

post-2964-12986543059942_thumb.jpg

post-2964-12986543060815_thumb.jpg

post-2964-12986543074739_thumb.jpg

post-2964-12986543075391_thumb.jpg