captonzoom

Problem with COPAM???

your cutter is going faster than your cutting program can send the info, it does not mean there is anything wrong with the cutter, the transfer rate on your computer must be as fast as or faster than the cutters reading ability. Pause the cutter, let it think for a few minutes. the try it. 99 % of the time that is the case. I've tried to get mine to do it and the only way is on really complex cuts with tons of nodes. The computer in my case could not read or send the data fast enough. hence the long line(when it didn't know what to do). computers only do what there told, whether it is the program or the person it doesn't matter to the computer.

Everyone try a really complex cut w/ multiple tiles, like 30 or more and see what happens? I'll bet it will run off in a line about 1/4 the way through it.

Also any sleep or hibernate systems should be turned off.

Laptops are defiantly trouble makers with cutting programs, there usb ports are slower than standard desktops and will do this more often.

Guest fivestar

Buy a GraphTec and problem solved.  :thumbsup:;D ;D On the serious side, get a cheap PCI serial connection off fleabay for around $10.00 and throw it into your computer, that "should" take care of your problem.  Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Frontier Joe,

Laptops do not have a problem with all Cutters.  From what I can tell the "Copam" has major problems with USB connections and we all know it, including USCutter.  Why doesn't USCutter warn us before we make the purchase?  Maybe the cutter works OK under some conditions, but we should know what conditions it will not work.  I have a business to run.  It's unethical to sell a product with known problems and not warn the customers. 

USCutter makes a sale by not warning us and we lose business and $'s trying to make something work that USCutter knows will not work.  "Try a different software", "try a different cable", "you must have a stray node on your image", "you have a laptop with USB - buy a PC and give that a try", "the Copam is a solid product you must be doing something wrong".  I actually believed all of this while they knew it doesn't work  ...

There are quite-a-few of us that have experienced extra expenses, loss of income and loss of hair as a result of the "Copam" known problems.  These problems should have been disclosed to us before we made the purchase.....

Jim Robertson

porkchopusn@live.com 

your cutter is going faster than your cutting program can send the info, it does not mean there is anything wrong with the cutter, the transfer rate on your computer must be as fast as or faster than the cutters reading ability. Pause the cutter, let it think for a few minutes. the try it. 99 % of the time that is the case. I've tried to get mine to do it and the only way is on really complex cuts with tons of nodes. The computer in my case could not read or send the data fast enough. hence the long line(when it didn't know what to do). computers only do what there told, whether it is the program or the person it doesn't matter to the computer.

Everyone try a really complex cut w/ multiple tiles, like 30 or more and see what happens? I'll bet it will run off in a line about 1/4 the way through it.

Also any sleep or hibernate systems should be turned off.

Laptops are defiantly trouble makers with cutting programs, there usb ports are slower than standard desktops and will do this more often.

I have a MH-721 and It cuts small fonts and detail great........Bannerjohn yold me it was a good cutter before I bought it........and It Is. Cuts as good or better in some cases as my Newstar DGI OM-60 ....but I use Flexi-Pro and Signlab with Roland PC-1000 driver.

Was not to Impressed with Signblazer.....But thats just my Idea....

Much agreed Jim.

Most every post about the Copam is about the same thing.  If a product is sold, and it states USB, then it should work regardless.  Mine works with USB, but all the problems I am having users say it is USB releated.  BUT, again, My 721 work like a champ.  It just doesnt cut as precise as my copam does.  Its kinda like when you buy something that says one size fits all.  When you get it home and put it on, it doesnt fit or come close to fitting. 

I love my Copam, I just wish USCutter would fix what ever issue that causes the random lines, cuts, diagonal cuts, cuts that feed the whole roll on the ground.  My question is still, why does the cheaper no do that.  same USB, same software, different results..

ALSO, I purchased Flexi starter and it DOESNT WORK.  It will not cut past 2 letters, the Copam just FREEZES and the fan kicks into high speed.  Back to the drawing board. 

I bit the nail and went ahead and changed over to my desktop computer because I didn't have time to stop because of the event coming up in October. I'm using the parallel cable that came with it.

This is AFTER the fact that I've spent over $45 on cords, usb-serial converter, serial cord, parallel express card trying to get this to work with my laptop.

As for the change over, no problems - knocking on wood. I'm using SignCut. I still think SOMEBODY needs to fix the USB issue. Oh, and I still haven't gotten a phone call after the support tech told me he would call me the next day after I sent my files, and spent about 2 hours on the phone.

I had the measuring error once. when it flipped the vinyl out, I just let it pretend to measure. Once it was finished, I just stuck the vinyl back in and let it cut. The next day, it measured fine. Not sure what the hiccup was. I was using usb at that time too.

I've also had the plotter throw the vinyl out the back right as I hit cut, to cut a large design out. It was right at 23 inches wide, can't remember the height. What I did to fix that for the time being, was pull the vinyl out --- enough to cover the entire thing it was cutting. It then pulled the vinyl back in and began to cut at the starting point on the vinyl. I've only had this problem with large designs.

You name it, I've had problems with it. lol

Much agreed Jim.

Most every post about the Copam is about the same thing.  If a product is sold, and it states USB, then it should work regardless.  Mine works with USB, but all the problems I am having users say it is USB releated.  BUT, again, My 721 work like a champ.  It just doesnt cut as precise as my copam does.  Its kinda like when you buy something that says one size fits all.  When you get it home and put it on, it doesnt fit or come close to fitting. 

I love my Copam, I just wish USCutter would fix what ever issue that causes the random lines, cuts, diagonal cuts, cuts that feed the whole roll on the ground.  My question is still, why does the cheaper no do that.  same USB, same software, different results..

ALSO, I purchased Flexi starter and it DOESNT WORK.  It will not cut past 2 letters, the Copam just FREEZES and the fan kicks into high speed.  Back to the drawing board. 

are you  running both machines on 1 computer?  also,  Do you have  another cutting program downloaded to the same computer that you have Flexi downloaded to?,  What driver did you download for Flexi?  I only use Flexi and never have a problem,  I love it...  very ez to use. 

I have been cutting with SignCut driving a Copam 2500 for over two years now from a Dell Vostros (Sempron) using the USB convertor without issues. I can understand the frustration some feel with their cutting problems. However I also feel a need to dispute the contentions stating this combination is fraught with issues. The combination of USB conversion and the Copam is not the real issue. The real issue is conflict within the computer unable to work with this combination.

Simply put, if you are having issues with this combination and not able to resolve them, rather than believe the fault lies in the Copam software or hardware, you need to look closer at your computer and decide if it is capable of what you ask. If it is not; then determine if it due to hardware limitations or software driver conflict?

I agree with Edge , I have been here a bit over 2 years & it has always been a conflict with the computer talking to the cutter correctly or the file itself .

Much agreed Jim.

are you  running both machines on 1 computer?  also,  Do you have  another cutting program downloaded to the same computer that you have Flexi downloaded to?,  What driver did you download for Flexi?   I only use Flexi and never have a problem,  I love it...  very ez to use. 

I have both cutters on 1 machine, my desktop.  however when I switch to my laptop, it does the same thing.  I mainly use sign blazer,b ut i was told to get flexi as it is much better.  i cant agree or disagree yet as it doesnt work.  i tryed using the copam driver that came with flexi as well as the one from USC.

I have been cutting with SignCut driving a Copam 2500 for over two years now from a Dell Vostros (Sempron) using the USB convertor without issues. I can understand the frustration some feel with their cutting problems. However I also feel a need to dispute the contentions stating this combination is fraught with issues. The combination of USB conversion and the Copam is not the real issue. The real issue is conflict within the computer unable to work with this combination.

Simply put, if you are having issues with this combination and not able to resolve them, rather than believe the fault lies in the Copam software or hardware, you need to look closer at your computer and decide if it is capable of what you ask. If it is not; then determine if it due to hardware limitations or software driver conflict?

Then why does the refine work - no questions asked.  it just works.  I use the software provided by USC, the drivers provided by USC, the cables provided by USC, still, only issues with the copam? 

If the Copam requires a cable other than that included in the packing, why not notify us that we need to purchase an additional cable.  At no time has USCutter notified me that this cable would have solved my problem.  Is this a case of a flaw in the Copam design or defective Copam cutters?  If it's a flaw in the design, notify customers before we purchase the product.  If it is defective cutters, fix or replace them.  A broken clock has the correct time twice a day.  Does that mean that we should only look at the clock when it has the correct time?  If the problem is defective cutters, there is a chance that some users will receive one that isn't defective and will work as designed.  You may be one of those.

I have two very expensive laptop computers that experienced the same problems with the Copam.  I replaced the Copam with a Graphtec and I have had zero problems using the same images on the Graphtec.  I lost $'s because I purchased a product that did not perform as it was advertised.  Is this a design problem or did I simply receive a defective product?

Jim...

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

not the response I would have expected to this problem!

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought that. Come to that...I'm not even sure what he is giving the thumbs up to.

Hi Banner John,

I would like to think that he is giving me a thumbs up on my credit.  Once I get my $'s I plan to take my wife out to dinner and forget about these posts.....

Jim....

Much agreed Jim.

are you  running both machines on 1 computer?  also,  Do you have  another cutting program downloaded to the same computer that you have Flexi downloaded to?,  What driver did you download for Flexi?   I only use Flexi and never have a problem,  I love it...  very ez to use. 

I have both cutters on 1 machine, my desktop.  however when I switch to my laptop, it does the same thing.  I mainly use sign blazer,b ut i was told to get flexi as it is much better.  i cant agree or disagree yet as it doesnt work.  i tryed using the copam driver that came with flexi as well as the one from USC.

Did you try using those other two drivers that I sent on the other thread?,  The Graphtec and the  DGI

Hi Banner John,

I would like to think that he is giving me a thumbs up on my credit.  Once I get my $'s I plan to take my wife out to dinner and forget about these posts.....

Jim....

did you mention a credit in another post? Or did I miss it in this one?

I have problems with the quote feature, but I also try to post while listening to my wife say "when are you going to take me out to dinner?".  The bug running around on my monitor is also a major distraction.  Brandon may have been trying to kill the bug while making his post... 

I make my share of mistakes on these forums.

Jim...

Hey PorkChop , That is hilarious !!! I appreciate the humor  :thumbsup: My wife asks me the same thing .. All I hear is " Blah Blah Blah "  :thumbsup:

I know Brandon (  :D )  has the ammo to kil the " BUG " if he wants to  :thumbsup:

I sent the " BUG " in a pm to you .

Hey Roger -->"I sent the " BUG " in a pm to you . " <--

Got the bug.  Love it.

My wife has problems finding the on/off button on the computer.  The next time she uses it, I plan to slip the bug on the screen.  Hopefully she doesn't use a sledge hammer to kill it. 

Thank you....