Sign in to follow this  
jmonica

Can't find the right blades for Creation PCUT CT630

I've purchased two batches of blades for my PCUT ct630 and so far both of them have been the wrong size even though they were sold as being for the CT630.  The ones I am receiving ar thincker than the one that is in the machines blade holder now.  I asked USCUTTER sales and they said that my machine might be  older and and take an older size of PCUT blade that is narrower, but the email just said we don't have any for sale on our website.  To be honest I didn't really care for the tone of this sales persons email from USCUTTER.  It was short almost like he couldn't be bothered with me and my dilemna.  No punctuation, no hello, no thank you, nothing.  Just "we don't have them on our website"  Could you spare the info?   I've placed many orders with them and I don't think I should be treated like that but oh well.  There are many other places to buy stuff who have employees that are willing to help and who are courteous.  Ok getting back on track... I was really hoping  that someone here might have had this problem in the past and/or may have found a supplier for the older style (smaller diameter) blades or found a suitable replacement blade that will work in it's place even though the ones that work may not be made specifically for the PCUT CT630? Thanks in advance for any help at all!

Kind Regards

Jim

the pcut that USC sells now uses a Roland blade holder. If yours has the old Pcut holder you will need to buy actual pcut blades. If you have the Roland holder, you need roland blades.

You can have a look here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-Cutting-plotter-vinyl-cutter-knife-Blade-Holder_W0QQitemZ160355086019QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2555e86ec3&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

and here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blade-Holder-for-Pcut-Cutting-plotter-vinyl-cutter_W0QQitemZ160355087091QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2555e872f3&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

see which holder looks like yours. The same people have blades for both. I have dealt with them before,and always had in less than 2 weeks from Hong Kong. In the long run it might pay you to buy a roland holder.The Roland blades are more common and cheaper

• Like 1

Thanks BannerJohn for the help!  I really appreciate your time.  I'm off to eBay to get the right blades (Thanks to you!).  Have a great weekend!

Regards

If you can't find any on ebay.  Clean Cut blades makes the old pcut blades.  As a matter of fact they're probably the best blade maker out there.

• Like 1

Sorry to bump up an older thread but I'm going to agree with vicstransam - I'm awaiting new blades from online but I need to cut some stuff NOW. I was searching through the forum and wanted to find out the solution to problems I was having with my cutting. Turns out I have a bad dull blade - my last one. I went to a local crafts store in the Detroit area (Michael's) and found that they had Cricut accessories, specifically a 2-pack of replacement blades for $9.99 - they fit my original PCut CTN-630 holder just like the original PCut blades, virtually the same length and thickness. I just cut something with it and it works perfectly. Once my new 60 degree Roland blades arrive I'm going to use those and use these Cricut blades as back-ups. In a pinch they work excellent so if there are those looking for blades give these a try! On the back of the package on the bottom left the item number is 290002 "Cricut Tool Replacement Blades" and the UPC code is 093573840029, pictured below. They appear to be made by Provo Craft. Just wanted to provide a solution for folks looking for temp or replacement blades quickly.

29-0002.JPG

• Like 1

So I just put the Cricut blade in.  I'm trying to adjust the offset but I'm not getting any luck.  My corners are coming out wrong.  I'm at .59 offset right now.  My corners have a little kick on them.  I was at a .25 offset with my previous blade. Not sure where it was from, maybe Randy (MrMopar) can chime in.  

I'm wanting to know what people are using for offset when using this blade in a pcut 24" machine.  I've tired lots of different combinations from 0 - .90 and my best cuts are right around .5 - .60 but not right.

the 1st photo with the little kick out seems to be the best I can get it. I know the 2nd photo is too high. I even tried negative offset and no luck.

My blade holder is clean. I have the blade depth adjusted correctly. My pressure is at 120 but from what I'm reading, that's probably not the issue.

I did a test cut of "Datsun" in a really curvy font and its not bad, there are still a couple kick outs.

The test cuts I'm doing were on a rectangle and then I switched to a 1x1 square.

post-26044-0-22689700-1362026493_thumb.j

post-26044-0-89669000-1362026496_thumb.j

1st photo actually just shows the error of when the blade starts and stops - it must be drug a little bit to turn it - it is a drag knife type of cutter so there will be this kind of error when starting and stopping - again it is more pronounced on the value cutters

it didn't do this before.  I was cutting some foil vinyl and I think I broke the tip of my old blade so I put this cricut blade it.  Maybe I need to just get the roland ones.