Sign in to follow this  
lonestarcountrymusic

Ease of Use?

Alright im looking to buy the USCutter MH-871 34" Vinyl Cutter.  How easy is this cutter for someone who is new to this line of work to use?  now if i have adobe illustrator and i were to get Flexi8.5 Starter, can i import my images from illustrator to the Flexi8.5 Starter and just get it to cut them?  basically i want to know if its really hard or is it pretty easy to understand and pretty straight forward?

thanks in advance.

It's not that hard, it's just a bit confusing in the beginning. I lurked in this forum for a while, asked a lot of questions, met some great people and it's been all good.

The basics that I needed to learn were ...

raster vs. vector - cutters will use vector images (you can search the forum for a thread that describes the difference)

vinyl type - calendared vs. cast (or specialty).  different type for different purposes

application (transfer) tape - clear vs. paper.

definition: wet application.

Inkscape - free application used to convert raster images to vector (single color only)

opening a graphic in Illy doesn't necessarily mean that it's a vector image, but Illy is good fo create vector images.

Once you get the basics down, it's all gravy.

Good luck!

I too am new to the vinyl cutting arena and I am using Flexi 8.5 software on my Copam cutter. I understand the difference between vector and raster art but what file format do I have to use to import my Illustrator file into my Flexi software? Will an eps work?

Thanks!