firemalt

I need, I need, I need...

I think the only thing that really gets me, is their first, second, third, fourth post is ONLY graphic requests!  :huh:

I know I have asked for a few after I have tried to verctor or find what I need. But this past week I have been searching and learning Inkscape. I have learned more on Inkscape than I have on SBE. But if I ever need anything I will search until I find it and try not to ask. I know I have been at it for a year now but there are somethings I just can't get or find. I try to help other people out if I can. But I feel like I am still new at this myself.

Everyone needs help at some point. Hell, I asked for an image a few days ago out of sheer laziness. I figured someone would have it. And I know for a fact I could have found it myself. But, it's the folks who are too lazy to ever try that get me.

Charlie

i have noticed people do come and request on here for simple things without searching beforehand. www.brandsoftheworld.com has been mentioned on here many times and has a lot of company and well known images in vectors already. another extremely useful tool is google. go to google images and you can select to only display black and white pictures or clipart, i have found an image within 10 seconds that someone is looking for by simply typing it into google.

well i joined the other day,and yes im asking loads at the mo,but it is appreciated,and i will give back when i have knowledge lol,ps that link is amazing,noot seen it before,many thanks

think we can get firemalt to vectorize that for us...lol  :)

j/k.... :thumbsup:

Ammo we don't encourage Rodger where BG is concerned. He gets a vector of her and we are all in trouble  :thumbsup:

at his Age: 154

i dont think she's got anything to worry about.....

:)  BG makes it work 4 me  :thumbsup: EVEN at my age  :)

Tory , I knew you were intense when I made a BG comment in another thread & you did not respond to it  ;D .You calmed down now ?  ;D    :)

;D  BG makes it work 4 me  :thumbsup: EVEN at my age  :)

Tory , I knew you were intense when I made a BG comment in another thread & you did not respond to it  :) .You calmed down now ? ;D    :)

Honestly. said what I had to say and believe. Others have to live with their choices in the end. At the time I thought BG ? who the heck is Rodger talking bout and then I fig it out lol. It's all good, jus have to know what yer dealing with  :)

;D  BG makes it work 4 me  :thumbsup: EVEN at my age  :)

Tory , I knew you were intense when I made a BG comment in another thread & you did not respond to it  :) .You calmed down now ? ;D    :)

Honestly. said what I had to say and believe. Others have to live with their choices in the end. At the time I thought BG ? who the heck is Rodger talking bout and then I fig it out lol. It's all good, jus have to know what yer dealing with  :)

from what i seen after your post and a search for bg i bet it is all good.... :)

Yeah  , it was a fun subject .Tory , Renee , Jenny , several others & I had fun goofing off about BG . Tory was going to make me a life-size decal  ( Heavy sigh )  :)

I thought my age would have gotten some comments before now  :) . I think silly things are the funniest . HMMM maye the age thing is why BG has not responded ..... YET  :thumbsup:

Rodger along with age comes wisdom, don't give up yet! :thumbsup:

We'll have to get Five to print the lifesize decal, he has the printer.....hmmm of course you may not be able to get it away from him though?? :)

Guest round2racing

I did my fair share of "in need of".

Once I built a little variety, I started learning how to use inkscape.

Now, I pay back by vectorizing here.

I know the new people need a resource, but I think they need to look through the .eps files before

asking.

Maybe we do need a place to put the vectorized files.

That way, we can all post directly there and when someone comes in "needing", we can just direct them there to search for it.

Good idea of EPS file thread  :thumbsup: . When FM started his thread , he asked to keep it files only etc , but we got long winded  ;D

Tory , You had the most humor with Renee a close 2nd . I think we can milk some more humor out of BG  :)  :)

Firemalt where you go got real quiet on here still trying to find IT :thumbsup:?

This thread got me thinking about a guy that was on here several months ago. I kept seeing his name pop up in the vectorizing forum, and it always said need such and such ASAP or something like that, and it was always for a customer. I went and looked at his history, and he had something like 69 posts, and 96% of them were in the Vectorizing forum.

The next post he made, I detailed out how to vectorized it in Inkscape 9 (might have given a link to another thread), and he blew me off apparently, cause he posted another one the next day, and the next and the next..

I ask occasionally for an image, or for help( emphasize HELP) vectorizing, because once in a while I get stumped. I learned how to vectorize in this forum, so I don't have to unless absolutely necessary. I have used graphic programs for years as I needed to but didn't fully understand what I was doing until I applied what I learned here to it. Believe it or not, it's not that hard to do, but it does take time.

I help those who help themselves for the most part. I don't vectorize a lot for people, unless it interests me somehow. I help in Usage/adjustment more than anything, and in that department most are willing to try.

Just because Vectorize is a long word doesn't mean you can't do it. LOL

Kevin

That is what bothers FM . I remember him bringing it to attention when a gal was doing the same thing as the member you are talking about . In this case the gal was also posting on other forums that you coud post here & get stuff done by members . It may have been asking for files ready to cut , but at any rate a VERY selfish & lazy way to do things . I would offer to pay to get what I wanted if I did not or could not do it . I don't think it would be bad to pay or get paid for some things . :thumbsup:

Too many folks needing a handout instead of helping themselves.

Glad someone got it... this request thing has over taken the forum. I understand some people are new, and need help finding things... but it's amazing how many people are too lazy to find something themselves and convert it, or even learn how to convert a jpg, or much less use the forum search option.

[/vent: off]

I think I need a break from this place...

This graphic request is the reason I only come here half as much as I did...

hey fire will you convert this in to a vector for me  ____________  rotflmao......j/k :thumbsup:

I have watched this thread almost since it started. I have asked for several EPS files cause I haven't learned much in Inkscape, but I do try.  LOL. I post in other parts of the fourm & because I haven't learned enough yet, the other day I told someone was asking about shirt vinyl & I told them I would press them for free if they paid shipping. Gotta find some way to pay everybody back...LOL

Peggy

This is the reason I don't even look at vectorize request threads of new members.  I have helped several people out with vectorizing and Illustrator, but I am definitely partial to those that have been around awhile and make some useful posts. 

I understand we all have to start somewhere, but Google, searching the forum, and practice is the way to start, not posting "need this cut/SB-ready ASAP!" and waiting for someone else to do your job.

I propose we don't even allow someone to post a request until they have a minimum # of posts.