firemalt

I need, I need, I need...

Fire,

I dont think i have one of those on this pc, I will look when i get back to the shop, watch out, might get in trouble for the whole copyright thing :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

Here you go.....  :thumbsup:  It's not in vector, you'll have to post another thread for that. 

Guest round2racing

Here's a couple more for you.

How do you like these?

I have THOUSANDS in my collection.... :thumbsup:

I think he inadvertantly forgot to complete the sentence.

I need every black and white vector of every cartoon character from every cartoon show in the last 247,872 years.

I need every sport log, mascot and fight song for every high school, college, semi-pro and professional sports team in recorded history.

Too many folks needing a handout instead of helping themselves. While I have no problem helping anyone (repeatedly if necessary), I like to think that sooner or later these folks will take the reins and help others.

Charlie

Guest kenya

What is it that you need?

I'm sure someone has it & would lend it to you, rent it to you- heck, sell it you you.

But for pete sake man......................... what is it?  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

All I really need is a truckload of money. And I'm not very picky about it. It can be either a small truck full of large bills or a large truck full of small bills. I try to make things as easy as possible.

Charlie

Guest fivestar

Damn and here I thought you was wanting the rolling eyes smiley.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Too many folks needing a handout instead of helping themselves.

Glad someone got it... this request thing has over taken the forum. I understand some people are new, and need help finding things... but it's amazing how many people are too lazy to find something themselves and convert it, or even learn how to convert a jpg, or much less use the forum search option.

[/vent: off]

I think I need a break from this place...

This graphic request is the reason I only come here half as much as I did...

i know it gets a little old, but we all had to start somewhere.

bb

seems as if some people forget where they come from.....i dont care what you are doing or how long you been doing it, you didnt know anything about it UNTIL you LEARNED.......that being said, if the requests are bothering you, STAY OUT OF THE REQUEST SECTION.

Guest fivestar

FBR, I know & remember where I came from and what I have learned from this place... so don't start that bullshit with me. I have given back a fair share and then some to this place.

It's hard to avoid seeing all the graphics request posts, when you click on "view all unread post since last visit" and 75% are from here. Yes, I understand there members new to the vinyl world joining daily... but when you have someone that's a "Super Hero Member" mamking request day in and day out, it get a little old.

I see Tim you finally got the "fivestar syndrome".  I agree 110% I occasionally ask for help, but I believe I give 1000 times back more then I ask for.  It got to me last yr and I expect it got to alot of "regulars" as you don't see them around here much if at all anymore.

I don't think it's a case of not knowing - it's a case of too lazy to do the work. I've run into that on job sites as well. The guy who will get everyone else to "help" him out and manages to keep his job far longer than he should. Kinda a Tom Sawyer / Huckleberry Finn fence thing.

Charlie

I don't think it's a case of not knowing - it's a case of too lazy to do the work. I've run into that on job sites as well. The guy who will get everyone else to "help" him out and manages to keep his job far longer than he should. Kinda a Tom Sawyer / Huckleberry Finn fence thing.

Charlie

Thats IT!!!    I have no problem helping people with graphics they dont have, as I didnt have any when I started....Its the "how do i make a oval", "how do i outline".......if i dont CUT anything for a week, I am ALWAYS designing and trying different things and constantly searching for fonts i like and dingbats are my friend. Fire, I really didnt mean to go off on ya, just felt what I read seemed kinda strong to the newest newbies, I still consider my self a newbie..since I dont know everything there is to know.

All I really need is a truckload of money. And I'm not very picky about it. It can be either a small truck full of large bills or a large truck full of small bills. I try to make things as easy as possible.

Charlie

hope this is a start for ya Charlie

post-1794-12986542213724_thumb.jpg

post-1794-12986542232508_thumb.jpg

fire i knew what you were saying when you posted this

i haven't been on here long and have found or read alot that i wanted to see

also learned how to vectorize from plain pic

( http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,20181.0.html )

to cut ready colored graphics

its all here if you do the SEARCH most are just to lazy to do it

or want someone else to do the work for them

i haven't asked for any graphics i could find i do use the search button or for that matter any at all, not saying i wont ever

but want to say THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THAT HAVE POSTED GRAPHICS

mabey some of the ones that drive you crazy will read this

yea rite there the ones to lazy to do it themselves

i have noticed people do come and request on here for simple things without searching beforehand. www.brandsoftheworld.com has been mentioned on here many times and has a lot of company and well known images in vectors already. another extremely useful tool is google. go to google images and you can select to only display black and white pictures or clipart, i have found an image within 10 seconds that someone is looking for by simply typing it into google.

What kills me is when people who have been a mamber of the forum for years longer than I have, ask for a graphic. Then, tell all donors that "That's not quite what I want". Then, when someone finally reads their mind and gives them the clipart they are looking for - they ask if someone can vecorize it for them. Hell, just ask me if I have a decal of whatever you want. The only step they have left out is the cutting.

I can understand new folks having problems and needing help. And I try my best to help them. But if you've owned your machine for over a year and can't vector a black and white image that is 90% text - YOU'RE BEING LAZY and I won't help you stay that way. Grab some software and learn how to do it. If you have a question about the process, I'm all over it. Ask me how to remove unwanted nodes, don't ask for me to do it for you.

Charlie

Actually tha way I heard it if you teach a man to fish he'll sit around in a boat and drink beer all day.

Guest round2racing

Personally, I love to help out the new people.

If they need vectorizing or are looking for a particular graphic.

What I hate is when you do it, tell them how how you did it, and they turn around and ask again.

Sometimes it feels like they don't even try.

I did my share of "vectorize this for me" when I first came in, but I downloaded Inkscape and taught myself how to do it.

Now, I do faces.

I taught myself Corel (basics) and am still learning.

I love helping, but I'm not doing the work for you.

I see I go on "vacation" and all hell breaks loose!  I understand where everyone is coming from.  And I am "one" of the ones on here asking for help.  But I have also learned a tremendous amount of knowledge too.  I have found that if you don't practice these tricks everyday, you will forget.  I just get caught up with the different programs and how they are all using different functions to get the same result.

I have been in NJ for the past few weeks doing late model racing at www.shangrila-2.com  This was new track in NY.  Well each week I practice and add something new to the car.  My biggest "headache" and challenge is trying flames or something on the car.  My car is all black and I wanted to break it up.  It's just hard for me to figure out the curves and sizes for the car.  (yes, I have asked others how to do this)  They say to take pictures with a tape measure, yada yada yada.  It's my own fault that the car rolls out of the trailer and straight to jack stands where I can't get a good picture.  I'll learn, trust me.

I just wanted to thank everyone that has helped me.  A few requests were for a job or two that I did for a customer.  (I don't charge much)  But a lot of the requests have been for my personal use. ie Helmet shield, Winner's Circle BBQ, (which had many compliments on the race car last week, THANKS)

I will soon be a member that can help others in need.  I practice "requests" when I have the time to get on here and check them out.  Some are easy, and yet some really drive me nuts.  I never ask for help until I have spent hours myself trying it out.

Fire this is why I just set back and watch there is lot of vets here that do ask lot and do not help I can find things I need on the web and then make it vecter my self when I do take one from here I do say thanks and you dont see that as much..

And I will help new people here if I have the fill when I dont then I wont list..