Aromo

Creation CS630Z communication problem

Hi,

I got for try out the Creation's CS630 Z cutter as this is a very new one. My problem is that I heard the Serial connection is more stable. I connected the serial cable to my cutter and from the other side, on my computer I used a USB-Serial Converter (ATEN, driver 2.0.1.4). The converter had own installer driver and I used that for installing COM3 port. Everything seemed to fine, the computer told, the driver works properly. Unfortunately I was not able to send any cut from SignCut X2 to the cutter. It started to send data but after a 20% is waiting for the cutter. Cutter does not start, only writes: Creation Working... COM0-CONNECTION. If I switch the plotter off and after that on, the computer sends another package (again about 20%) from the job, but nothing happens on the cutter. I though maybe the syncronization of the drivers could be the problem, but I checked everything and seems ok:

Bit per sec: 9600

Databits 8

Parity None

Stop bits 1

Flow control: hardver.

These are same in the Signcut and in the USB-to Serial Comm Port (COM3) properties.

Unfortunately in the COM3 driver properties the Advanced button does not show what the manual tells: setting to use it as serial printer, etc... It shows: Use FIFO buffers and the Receive Buffer and Transmit Buffer can be set (it is low (1) but if I change this, nothing happens on the cutter).

What I missed? I am working on it for almost 2 days without a success... :thumbsup:

Any suggestions?

Regs,

Aromo