Sign in to follow this  
xturdfergusonx

If you drive a subaru STI, I apologize.....

This will be my last post in here.

I know where I stand in my argument.

Corporations are at fault for our problem. Not people buying a reliable/affordable, and non depreciated car off the lot. Michigan has been ailing for quite a long time not just recently, they haven't thought about innovation or R&D and that's their fault. It's also the United States fault for bailing out every major corporation, while they give millions in bonuses and don't worry about the little guys like 90% of America.

It's cheaper to outsource then make it in your own Country. Why do you think Walmart's so huge and Everyone from Welfare to middle class shops there everyday. Because the stuff is made in America? No because it's cheap as shit.

The same dealings happen on this forum everyday. "I can't make this quota for x amount of dollars". "Hey bud I'll make it for ya and you'l still make a profit" Happens only on a larger scale, and between Countries.

I'm all for buying everything Canadian, or American. But when the product is lacking in quality I take my business elsewhere.

We all wouldn't have CHINESE cutters if they were shit and they made an American product with the same specs/and price point now wouldn't we.

Interesting you think you know what R&D has been going on internally within that corporation. I can assure you R&D is going on as this issue is being debated here. By at least one American that has put his heart and soul into that corporation for the last 28 yrs. The man eats, breathes, sleeps, automobiles. I will restate, there are real ppl at various levels behind these big corporations who make ridiculous daily decisions that affect everyone else in the corporation and create dire circumstances. I don't live in Japan or China, if I did then I would support their products. I live in a country that used to make it's own cars, clothes, food, etc. and as I said if we keep relinquishing all our manufacturing to other countries and give them that leverage what do you think is going to eventually happen to society as we know it? You asked me, "Do you know how many jobs we have lost in Canada?" and I ask you Do you realize how many more would of been lost if the car industry would be allowed to go under? It would have made the Great Depression look like a picnic. Any business that all those jobless autoworkers did business with or frequented would have been negatively impacted. Whether you were the autoworker or the waitress where they used to eat lunch. Of course big corporation/banks/gov are behind the problems, I doubt you'd get an argument there. As the lil guy I have to use the only power I have to make a difference. There is a decal somewhere on here that says in jest "I'd rather push a chevy than drive a ford". Well I'd rather push a chevy than drive foreign. I am the most open minded live and let live person you will find. I also know what puts food on the table. Hence why I said......you don't understand.

Yes Dirty Dog we should be having Canada ship the parts over China without hesitation but sadly that is not what is happening, makes no sense

Lets all face the facts. Americans are the reason we are screwed. We go over seas  out-source our jobs and then go buy bastarized good that were made over seas. We can have quality if we would worry about our own

Oh I agree sennxxx, I'm not placing the blame on any other country. We did this to ourselves, or better said allowed the politicians to do it to us.

WOW! This went much further than I ever thought it would. I though this was the "show off your work thread."  Not the insult and put down the guy for owning a foreign car thread. 

The fact is, yes, I bought a japanese car...  But I refuse to buy a subpar automobile built by overpayed babies.  We outsource because our unions have become so greedy that it costs too much money to manufacture a good here and make any bit of profit on it....  I understand that our autoworkers have pride in their work, but they still build poorly engineered cars... I am not saying that we can't build a good car it's just we have refused to up the quality and efficiency on our vehicles till the "sh1t has hit the fan".....  I know there is an exception to every rule, but I see alot more HIGH MILEAGE foreigns than domestics....  I have owned a few myself, including a PSD superduty, RRE......  None of them have ever competed in quality to anything I have owned.... I have owned chevy's, fords, a dodge, vw, audi, bmw, datsun, suzuki, mitsubishi, and a honda.. So please don't tell me that I don't know....  I also have very close friends who either own or run a few dealerships so I get to test drive stuff all the time...  I am actually looking forward to seeing the new SHO Taurus, which is funny, yamaha built the heads for the original sho, how odd??  As for chinese built autos, not sure where you get your facts, but we have no chinese made automobiles over here.. Korean yes, japanese yes, but all the cars that china has tried to bring here couldn't come close to meeting our safety standards..... I could honestly go on for a few more pages, but its getting a little ridiculous sorting through some of the "facts" that are being brought to the table....  I will simply agree to disagree..... 

Guess what though almost all jap cars they sell here, are made in the U.S.A. , so that argument doesn't fly.

You are dead wrong sir...... I can show you the import documents that came with my car when I bought it....  I can assure you it was built in japan.....  And any foriegn built car that is built over here is not built buy overpriced union labor......

JESUS people just admire the mans work and grow the hell up and stop the american and foriegn whining, take it to the BS threads  No need for this a MOD should have stepped in and said enuff and till they do I SAY ENUFF Christ people  GROW UP

I like the creative sticker and nice work.

Not really slamming anyone's choice of vehicle but just showing a well driven Mustang CAN be a force on the track.

This is a video of me chasing a STI in my 250 RWH Mustang. At the end of the session he followed me into the pits to ask what all I had done to my car. He said his STI was pumping 400 HP to all 4. He would smoke me down the straight and I'd catch him in the twisties. After he let me by I got far enough ahead in the back that he could no longer catch me on the straight.

Guest manwayvan

Toyota got bailed out too. Wasn't as mainstream as the big three.I'm a subaru wagon kinda guy.  Nice work though.

Guest sciondrgn

I like the creative sticker and nice work.

Not really slamming anyone's choice of vehicle but just showing a well driven Mustang CAN be a force on the track.

This is a video of me chasing a STI in my 250 RWH Mustang. At the end of the session he followed me into the pits to ask what all I had done to my car. He said his STI was pumping 400 HP to all 4. He would smoke me down the straight and I'd catch him in the twisties. After he let me by I got far enough ahead in the back that he could no longer catch me on the straight.

Did that guy in the miata flip you off before you passed him?  :thumbsup:

Did that guy in the miata flip you off before you passed him?  :thumbsup:

No he was giving me a point by to pass. We were running HPDE not racing. Passing point bys are required in some groups and a courtesy in others.

Good driving sandman. Wish I had a track near me, and a car worth taking to the track ha.

That is a fun track for motorcycles also . Seems there is enough traction to drag the  handlebars . During a WERA national 6 hour endurance race around 1988 , there was a ratlesnake that crawled out near turn 6 & was coiled striking at riders ... nobody crashed because of it , but I don't know what kept every from crashing .  :thumbsup:

Ok, I watched a while now I gotta spout... I love American Cars. I have several. 79 El Camino, 79 Monza, 86 Ford T-bird turbo Coupe (will give any ricer a run for it's money on stock internals BTW).

But I am also a realist. At times you have to buy foreign products, it's just the way things are. I am a vet, as are many in this forum, and we fought for the right for everyone to make whatever choices they want. I also own a Korean car, a KIA, the wife likes it, it was affordable for us, and we will probably drive it into the ground. When we bought the thing we traded in our Ford Windstar, but couldn't get crap out of it, so we had to choose the cheaper foreign model, rather than twice the cost American.

I will be the first to say, we as Americans have to wake up. Just because we make the best cars in the world (yes I agree with that), doesn't mean we have to charge triple what the rest of the cars in the world are costing.

Ok, I am done, and sorry if I made anyone mad, but I get to rant once in a while too.

BTW. I am not too far from Offutt AFB either.

Kevin.

Well Ive been in knoxville for a week and couldnt get to the computer. But we towed our camper over with a 95 F350 with a 7.3 and got 14 miles a gallon. Thats pretty damn good. And the other one is,

yes I agree kevin, There are some things you just cant help, Like I have a sony tv, An Acer computer, and a sony cd player in my truck, Those all foreighn, but when I can help it I dont.

The only reason americas cars cost more, is because all of the high prices here, The jap dont pay as much taxes as we do, They also dont pay into social security as much as american car companies.  But if all of the american companies ever closed up, I would drive old american cars, no matter what.

But just the other day my mom wanted a blanket at the knoxville nationals,  so she looked at the ones at the hall of fame and the ones from the World of Outlaws trailer. The one At the World of Outlaws trailer was american made and $30 less, so not all the time is all bangladesh crap cheaper.  Well I need to go but I love the mustang video, keep up the crap stomping,hahah

Thanks for the laugh RRE, I needed that.  Like I said before "ignorance is bliss"  and its because people like you.  "I only buy American accept for my electronics."  that is the biggest f'ing cop out I have ever heard. Instead of doing a little research I will just go out to walmart and buy whatever cause I can't do anything about it... Well sir, here you are...

Television??  here's a few that are made here......Phillips magnavox, and here is a site you can check out...  http://www.usstuff.com/televisn.htm

Computer??  How bout a HP, headquarters here??  Manufactured elsewhere, but still started and based here in the us......

Car audio??  Harman Industries....  Harmon Kardon, Infinity-used in most if not all chrysler cars....

It took me about 15 minutes to find those 3 right there. 

As for why American products are so expensive...  Please pull your head from you hindquarters and read what I wrote.  It has nothing to do with the taxes we pay, most foreign countries pay a substantial amount more in taxes than we do. http://livinginfo.gaijinpot.com/taxes-in-japan read this article on living with taxes in japan.  How come their automobiles are cheaper??  They pay more in taxes for living and consumption, yet they can manufacture a product, ship it here, and we still pay less.  We pay more because our labor is so expensive, like I stated before.... 

It's people like you with your "I'd shoot myself before I buy a foreign whatever" mentality that make me sick. Jap this, Jap that, not only ignorant, but also quite racist... You spout your ill gotten facts, than others read them and recite them somewhere else.  It becomes this endless cycle of ignorance over and over....  Can you even cite a single source from where you got your "facts"?  More than likely not, because its all BS..... 

There is a world outside that's happening man, you should stop by and check it out sometime.....

Sarconastic,  I tip my hat to you and all the veterans in our country for making the sacrifice so the rest of don't have to.  None of my rant has anything to do with disliking my country, just the way it runs sometime.....

Oh yeah! as for your crap stomping comment... READ again, do you actually read anything or do you see what you want to see....  Sandman clearly stated it was not a race and a HPDE... It's nothing more than a lapping day.... he also stated that the Subaru let him by....  There was no crap stomping involved....  No hard feelings sandman......

OK duetsche bag, When the ("fit hits the shan") america cant swim anymore, all because of foreighn supporters. Do you own an american car, truck, or anything? But why is it noone has any american pride, and when some do its racist. How is jap car bashing racist??? I never said any racist comments about asian folks. Putting an abrieviation on a countries name is not racist, you bleeding heart.  Now that you have me started why is it not racist when Im called cracker or honkey or white boy. Why is it ok for that but if I say jap you say racist.

And if you read your own link.....magnavox is netherlands owned.

I never found hp on there

And i never found a legit stereo company.

So take your own advice

It also says that they pay more set aside taxes, while we pay them when we buy the product, go to the golf course, or when we turn on our water. So its set up different than here. But the artical is slanted to where you feel bad for them, because they pay three times more on their taxes, but no taxes at the store. So its different.

As for the car taxes. here is an artical I found from here http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm/entering_us/7importingyourcar.htm  and it says Foreign-made vehicles imported into the U.S., whether new or used, either for personal use or for sale, are generally dutiable at the following rates:

Autos. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.5%

Trucks . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 25%

Motorcycles. . . . . . . . . . 3% or 3.4%

Duty rates are based on price paid or payable.

So do YOUR research. Thanks but go to japan , leave america to the real americans

So the other day, a buddy and I were hanging out with some our subaru friends.  We both drive Mitsubishi evo's, so naturally the heated conversations begin about which is better, who's car is faster, which handles better, etc.....  My evo buddy later tells me about this sticker he saw that he wanted to buy.  Why buy one when I can just make you one I told him....  Rather than just rip off the one that already existed I just downloaded the factory STI logo and modified it in inkscape......

the origianal sticker is supposed to have a question mark with a mitsu emblem for the period....

You're supposed to read it like STwhy......

IMG00053-20090807-2021.jpg

and here it is on the car....

IMG00054-20090807-2040.jpg

we usually attend a pretty large gathering of cars locally, needless to say he got some pretty funny looks from our competition....

just thought I would share......

LMAO great idea!!  Big evo/mitsu fan here.  I had a 97 eclipse, 90 talon tsi awd, and a 3kgt.  Make it smaller and sell some!! Keep up the good work!

One day, the ricers will grow up, have a family and need an american rig to haul their tribe around. My fave car I ever had was a 1981 Nissan 200sx hatchback. but now I drive a suburban. I tried finding a Nissan 200sx that could haul 8 people and tow a 36 foot travel trailer at the same time, but they just don't make one.

the whole rice rocket genre cracks me up (now). I used to be a kid one day too, so I don't hold it against them. I used to think it was all so cool. but a wife and kids and practicality changes all that!

but the huge wings, the nitrous, the drifting, all the go fast goodies that arent even legal to utilize. I guess its all about risk taking. I mean, if you need nitrous to get up to 65 on the freeway, you are driving the wrong piece of equipment. If you wanna race, do it at the track, with a race car.

Most can't afford a race car and a daily, so they combine them.

Almost all "ricers" as you call them, race on the track.

Just like everything else, there are a few who ruin it for everyone.

They want them off the street around here, but all they do is close tracks.

Damn BigDaddy you have a HUGE family :-X

As a teenager , I combined my driver ( 1971 Camaro ) with a drag racer because I could not afford to have a drag racer only . Like most people , mild hop ups & alot of great fun & stories to tell now . after my generation, the 5.0 Mustang generation was the thing . Now is is imports  . I respect how fast they get them to go .I don't care if you bolted the engine to a rear & had remote control , I don't understand a 4 cyl running into the 6 second barrier in 1/4 mile ... WOW !!! different things for different generations  ;) . it is the duty of the young to annoy the older generation & it is the duty of the older generation to be annoyed by the younger . Clothes , car , slang , haircuts etc  :-X

One day, the ricers will grow up, have a family and need an american rig to haul their tribe around. My fave car I ever had was a 1981 Nissan 200sx hatchback. but now I drive a suburban. I tried finding a Nissan 200sx that could haul 8 people and tow a 36 foot travel trailer at the same time, but they just don't make one.

the whole rice rocket genre cracks me up (now). I used to be a kid one day too, so I don't hold it against them. I used to think it was all so cool. but a wife and kids and practicality changes all that!

but the huge wings, the nitrous, the drifting, all the go fast goodies that arent even legal to utilize. I guess its all about risk taking. I mean, if you need nitrous to get up to 65 on the freeway, you are driving the wrong piece of equipment. If you wanna race, do it at the track, with a race car.

Oh my god big daddy, I love it. One day all ricers will need to grow up hahahaha. MAn I couldnt have said it better.

Well I have a daily and a race car, and a part time driver, and a part time race. Here we go, I have a 1995 f350 powerstroke as a daily, and a 1989 f350 show truck as a part time driver, and two sprint cars. So I never really thaught that people couldnt afford a racer. Im not rich I hjust love cars. So instead of a new tv, I but car parts.

Well antway keep on cuttin vinyl yall.

I raced last year too. finished 3rd in points. it was my first and last year racing. I started the class as a joke, but too many guys took me serious and hopped on board. so we had 12 racers in the MINI-VAN class at Douglas County Speedway, in Roseburg OR.

I had a Chevy Astro van. halfway through the year we swapped out the V6 for a 350 V8 and things got WAY too scary. the van was lightened down to 3200 pounds, which is the weight limit for other serious classes. the van was not allowed to have suspension mods. so most of the turns were taken on three wheels. like I said, SCARY!

I quit and sold the whole set up this year. My van looked like Lightning McQueen from Cars. I was the track favorite, it felt good to have a gazillion people who didnt know you scream "LIGHTNING!" when I came out onto the track. when I'd make a move I could hear the crowd roar over the engine. it was great, but too scary.

this pic was from our first test and tune day.

post-5793-12986543376867_thumb.jpg

post-5793-12986543386853_thumb.jpg

Goin on three wheels is how most dirt track racing is. Most modifieds and pro ams , and even some Sprint Cars go oni three wheels through the corner. It just means your getting good weight transfer. Nice job on the racing though, help ou tthe local track is always good.

I don't really care about the car argument but if you would I would like a copy of the eps would be fun to make for some friends

BDChris ,

What type of racing ( I'm guessing dirt-track from the fence in the background ) ? What size track ?  :thumbsup: