Sign in to follow this  
xturdfergusonx

If you drive a subaru STI, I apologize.....

It was actually an asphalt track, just short of 1/2mile track, only 11 degrees of banking. the tire in the air was not the drivers side front like in dirt track racing, it was the drivers side rear tire. made for some interesting sounds as it clapped allong the ground before and after  it was completely in the air. only the astro vans did this. there were also ford aerostars, a toyota previa, and dodge caravans, plymouth voyagers, and an old dodge van that looked like the scooby do van.

post-5793-12986543414581_thumb.jpg

post-5793-12986543414943_thumb.jpg

post-5793-12986543430091_thumb.jpg

post-5793-12986543430259_thumb.jpg

WOW , that sounds like fun !!! Wish I could do some of that . I bet you brake into the corners like on a roadrace track :thumbsup: Is it a paperclip shape or are the corners as long as the straight ? How did the Astro do ? The other vans don't have full frames like the Astro from memory , guess they twisted enough to keep that tire on the ground . Anybody ever tip over ( even with " help "  :thumbsup: ) ?

Man too bad they wouldnt let you put in harder shocks on the passenger front.

the aerostars have similar frames but didnt lift the tire. both astros looked like a peeing dog in turns 1 and 3. upon exiting the wheel would go back down on hard acceleration, i am sure the hard braking had a lot to do with it.

a mild interpretation of the rules allowed us to add to the stock suspension parts, but not change out or take away from stock suspension parts. we ended up putting four 1" coil spring stiffener blocks in the passenger side front and kicked out the camber to lean the tire on the passenger side into the turns. we left the driver side straight up cause every now and then they would throw a dogleg or a slalom in the straights for us to maneuver.

the suspendsion mods helped a lot. I missed 4 races and still finished 3rd for the year. I miss it, but I value my life more than I value mini-van racing. it would be a pretty stupid way to die!

sorry I hijacked the thread :thumbsup:

I have never seen anybody get pissy about jacking a thread . A very nice bunch of people here for the most part , there are some sour-pusses that can't take a different opinion than theirs, but that is fun also  :thumbsup: . When somebody posts , I think that invites a response .

Can you post the EPS file :thumbsup: my neighbour loves STI's and has 3 of them! i want to stick this on my car so when he gets up one morning its there lol

thanks in advance