Sign in to follow this  
xturdfergusonx

If you drive a subaru STI, I apologize.....

So the other day, a buddy and I were hanging out with some our subaru friends.  We both drive Mitsubishi evo's, so naturally the heated conversations begin about which is better, who's car is faster, which handles better, etc.....  My evo buddy later tells me about this sticker he saw that he wanted to buy.  Why buy one when I can just make you one I told him....  Rather than just rip off the one that already existed I just downloaded the factory STI logo and modified it in inkscape......

the origianal sticker is supposed to have a question mark with a mitsu emblem for the period....

You're supposed to read it like STwhy......

IMG00053-20090807-2021.jpg

and here it is on the car....

IMG00054-20090807-2040.jpg

we usually attend a pretty large gathering of cars locally, needless to say he got some pretty funny looks from our competition....

just thought I would share......

Loving it Ryon, I do alot of car related decals and this ones defiantly good  :thumbsup:

I dont know what ya'll were fighting over, at the end of the day they are both still foriegn junk boxes. I should make a sticker that has ford stomping on japan..hahaha I might do that.

But yes the decal looks like you did good work.

I dont know what ya'll were fighting over, at the end of the day they are both still foriegn junk boxes. I should make a sticker that has ford stomping on japan..hahaha I might do that.

Show me an american car that can get the same gas mileage with the same performance/life expectancy and I'll make the decal myself :thumbsup: 

And the decal DOES look great (but prefer the subaru)!

Guest sciondrgn

Looks good.. I will be doing a full side body gfx for an evo in a few weeks.. Should be fun

Here we go with a car debate.... :thumbsup:

The only thing a car's speed is limited to is how much you have to put into making it go fast. Just because your evo beats a sti and vice versa doesn't mean all of one type of car is fast or slow. lol

But yes the decal looks like you did good work.

Oh! ignorance is bliss.... let me guess RRE, you drive a mustang??  I can show you my dyno sheets that might make you think a little more about messing with a foriegn junk box next time.....  Tell me what domestic ford that is capable of pushing 30lbs of boost into the motor and putting down 415hp to all four wheels??  with 76k on the stock internals......  Remember this is all coming from a 2 liter four cylinder, no replacement for displacement huh??.......  this might sting a little, but I don't remember any japanese manufacturers needing any type of bail out just recently, so pull your head out......

Everyone else thanks for the compliments and don't worry, I deal with "car" people like this all the time, and I say car singularly because they only know about one kind of car and refuse to acknowledge anything other than what they "know"....

Ok yes ignorance is bliss, because the only reason jap didnt need bailed out is because of people like you and that other guy who say show me an american car this good....blah blah blah. America wouldnt need bailed out if you and your friends, and all of the other stupid jap supporters would suppert america. Ill bet you didnt know the cool car in jap is a buick. ya like what my grandma drives, a supercharged 3.8 that get 25mpg in town. I dont care if you get 30 because I would shoot myself in the head rather than suppert our potential enemies. Remember Pearl Harbor? Obviously not.I dont suspect 40 years from now you would you buy a car osama bin laden. But its the same deal.

And no I drive a 1995 Ford F350 crew cab dually with a 7.3 turbo diesel, which gets 16 mpg in town. And I dont need 415hp to all 4 wheels( 4 wheels what is this rock climbing)..... I have 3 (count them 3) 410 cid small block alchol injected 900 hp Sprint car engines just sitting at my shop. I also have a guy who has waited 6 weeks for me to rebuild the engine on his GT40. And I also have a sign outside that says no foriegn junk allowed in my parkinglot.

If your job of whatever it is you do, Was sent overseas maybe you would fell the same.

So to all jap company supporters When the " Fit hits the Shan" I will gladly sell bumper stickers that say my cars american. Oh and yes I know youre gonna throw down the "well your tv and radio and computer are all forign" but if I can I buy american, no matter the price. I have a polaris atv, a buell motorcycle and a harley,

i have a pontiac GTO 2005 thats laying down some nice number they are capable of 650 rwhp thats about 725 on stock internals  i like all cars but im more of a muscle car guy   FYI alot of american car parts are made in other countries :thumbsup:

Thanks seanxxx, atfirst i thaught you were pro america, but I believe we all know electronicsd are made in other counties. But any way I love the way those gtos look. they sound good too.

i got 2 harleys, you might be surprised to find out just how many stock harley parts are made in japan, tiawan and other places outside the us,,,none of there clothing is made here,, kind of disheartning

All right rex I hear ya but youre not heping this situation any. No I know its impossible to buy somrthing that is souly made in america. And this is the reason because of all of the jap supporters. even our media is slanted towards them. Durring the failed clunkers for cash program all they kept reporting about is how many fords and chevy were turned in, why is that news, why is it important to tell everyoine in the world that. But why didnt they tell what cars were baught the most or even report on the other turned in cars.

Hell even our military is supporters of jap and korean rides. I live near offut airforce base, and more than 60% drivesome jap crap rice grinder. So I asked this prop head one day why he drives a honda, he says because of the good gas milage. So I said what do you het , he says 25 highway. At the time I laughed, and he acted pretty upset when I told him my 2002 pontiac grand prix with a 3.8L V6 gets 25 in town and 32 highway. The hipe isnt always true.

I just have one question to all the jap supporters, When was the last time you test drove a new Ford? And if its more than 5 years ago, I challenge you, even if your not in the market to buy, but still the challenge is out to go test drive a new ford today. The quality is better than any car I've ever seen. yes even a lexus or bmw. So go check one out. :thumbsup:

RRE, for what it is worth I get what you are saying. People don't understand and don't care until it affects them. I have ALWAYS bought American being brought up in the Motor City. My Dad owned a GM car dealership and I married a GM engineer. What people don't seem to understand is yes of course parts are made outside the US. How would the US car companies of even had a chance to compete if they weren't? They aren't even on the same playing field as the foreign car makers with regulations and exporting/importing. Bottom line is American cars are still engineered here by people that have American families to feed. Unlike that corner party store you probably frequent to pick up your beer Friday night that in turn sends the profit out of the country to their relatives. American cars are made just as well as the foreign. It is getting more and more difficult to "buy American" but when we can we should. It is scary what all this overseas stuff is doing to the manufacturing in the US. If manufacturing is taken out of US work force what are all those people going to be doing for jobs? We only need so many Lawyers, Drs, CEO's etc, it would seem middle america is being effectively squeezed out.

The military and all other Americans you speak of who buy Japanese, buy because of quality of the product. There is a reason Toyota drivetrains were given the best ratings up until like 2004 because they never broke down! Not like my 3 pontiacs who have pissed tranny fluid, slipped clutches, and blown alternators because they didn't make any air flow reach them.

I live in Canada by the way and have driven nothing but GM products since I've been able to drive. The only reason I havn't switched is because I can't afford it. Their quality has slipped through the years and that's why people switched. My cars are from 1991 to 1998

91 Chev Cavalier z24, 93 Lumina Z34, 93 Grand Prix GTP, 98 Grand prix GTP, and right now a 98 Sunfire GT. I loved every single one of them, but you know...I would of traded them for a nice jap scrap anyday. Only thing I'll be buying from GM is a truck.

The thing that killed Industry for America is the Unions. We just lost John Deere due to it.

Guess what though almost all jap cars they sell here, are made in the U.S.A. , so that argument doesn't fly.

Tory , well put :thumbsup: .. ya know BG drives American iron  :huh:

11 out of 18 awards for best quality to Foreign (Jap/1Korean) Vehicles not including ties.

13 out of 19 awards for Reliability to Foreign (all Jap) Vehicles

13 out of 17 awards for Performance to Foreign (Most German/some Jap)

I looked

Your anger should be towards capitalist corporations/ and World Bank advocates. Maybe even NAFTA, not people buying a quality car.

With those cars I listed from GM I owned some of the most innovative engines to come out of that Company.

The 3.4 DOHC which was detuned, and made amazing power, they stopped R&D on it

2.4 Twin Cam, Had issues only with the timing chain snapping, could of been fixed. Powerful inline 4

3.8 supercharged, was detuned and ran huge numbers with minimal mods.

They didn't use/exploit any of them, with the tuning import craze like they could have.

They totally screwed up the cobalt ss/Saturn Redline, which could of made a huge impact.

Ford was the only one who has shown an improvement, and it's paid off.

R&D R&D R&D

It's part of every business. Even ours.

"Hard as it may be to believe, the quality of many American cars is just as good or better than popular Asian models. And we're not just saying that -- independent reports issued by J.D. Power & Associates and Consumer Reports confirm it. So if you

Somebody make me a calvin peeing on a china man taking a dump..

Pee on chinese crap. We worry about the japanese cars..bah there is far worse. The KIA/Hyundai crap hits a nerve with me.

Alan

You don't expect me to understand. What are we a Third World Country to you?

Guess what we were in the recession too. GM Canada is in ONTARIO! You know how many jobs we lost?? no you don't

We are as much a part of the whole American car manufacturing debacle as you are.

And on the sick thing...maybe you have heard of Toronto Sick Kids or Mcmaster.

Ignorance is bliss my friend.

"Ignorance is bliss my friend"

Apparently it is, and so is the fact that you continually go looking for a fight. You can't learn what you think you already know. I am well aware of Canada,  living at it's border all my life. Been boating/traveling a few weeks there a year for a lifetime. As I said, beautiful country. Not sure how you arrived at "third world country". As a matter of fact, I jokingly tell my husband often how if things don't get better we are swimming across the pond. I was merely referring to socialized medicine which I'm not a fan of.

Also not sure why you would assume that I'm not aware of the jobs American car companies bring to Canada. Not only GM Canada but smaller non affiliated dyno/parts companies which are also on the verge of going under. I have traveled many times to Wescast on business w my husband. So I would think instead of trying to make an argument FOR foreign cars you would understand where I'm coming from since your local companies ARE in the same boat. Or perhaps you think it better that Wescast goes under because GM thinks it's cheaper to import parts from China rather than Canada. Do I know how many jobs you lost? Yeah buddy I have a pretty good idea since I've been living it and wondering when the next ball was going to drop and how to reinvent the wheel once it did for over a year. Perhaps you'll recall I said I lived in MI where joblessness is at an all time high and ppl are STILL losing their houses daily. Believe it or not, in our ignorance, our news includes Canada into the equation when they stated how many plant closings there was going to be. AGAIN I ask you, who are you arguing with and why.......first you tell me how superior foreign cars are and then proceed to tell me how Canada will be just as affected as the US. Be a part of the solution not the problem. Which if you recall was my point in the first place of making the statement to buy US when available. Before you go slingin mud figure out what your argument is in the first place. 

Building things in canada makes sense to some extent. Why would I say that? Because Canada has the worlds largest reserve of metals in general. When it comes to metal they have it all. Iron,Aluminum,Nickel,copper,silver,gold.....85% of what the world has of these metals came from Canada.

Alan