Sign in to follow this  
Crazybry79

US Cutter / MH 871 - RAVE

I belive firmly in the concept of "you get what you pay for".  So you can imagine my reluctancy when I was in the market for my first cutter and came across the Refine series cutters.  They were probably at least in the top 3 most inexpensive cutters oon the market. 

Then I found this forum, and stumbled on a handful of compaints, problems, and misc. support requests, yet not too much positive feedback on them. 

I finally decided on a MH871 (34" cutter).

I read several complaints of not receiving a tracking number.  This was not my case at all.  I purchased one online at 1PM CDT, and by 2:30 PM CDT I had a tracking number - so the tracking number issue must be an old problem, and US Cutter has remedied that problem.  My cutter was on the truck by 4PM and on its way.

I received my unit in excelent condition.  I have absolutly no complaints about this machine what so ever.

I have had to call for support several times.  Mind you, each time, it was due to my own inexperience and lack of knowledge.  US Cutter was ALWAYS more than glad to help, customer service was great and happy to assist.

Ive read compaints on stand assembly.  I will say that the instructions are shakey.  If you have at least a touch of mechanical apptitude, there is no problem at all.  On the other hand, if you arn't sure which end of the screwdriver is the sharp end....Id recccomend calling the neighbor with the long hair who constantly is working on his Camaro for a hand... ;D

ANYways, I just wanted to give credit where credit is due.  If you are new in the market, or your looking for an inexpensive back up, do not hesitate on a Refine.  I couldnt be happier!

Keep up the good work US Cutter! ;D ;D ;D

Way too rare that we hear about the good experiences when I know they are far more common than the problems.

Yup! and I would like to say....I bought a MH 721 in Oct 2008 and I use it at my shop 4 days a week........I had a small problem that Ken took care of and the machine is great! I also have a Newstar OM-60 and I use it also  on one station.....but I personaly use the MH-721 I kinda like the thing........cuts as nice as the Newstar and I cut alot........can't say anything except thinking about getting another one.......never enough cutters, but then I have 5 stations to keep busy on.......Oh I use Signlab and Flexi software Glad I bought a 721.... Big Jim

Yup! and I would like to say....I bought a MH 721 in Oct 2008 and I use it at my shop 4 days a week........I had a small problem that Ken took care of and the machine is great! I also have a Newstar OM-60 and I use it also  on one station.....but I personaly use the MH-721 I kinda like the thing........cuts as nice as the Newstar and I cut alot........can't say anything except thinking about getting another one.......never enough cutters, but then I have 5 stations to keep busy on.......Oh I use Signlab and Flexi software Glad I bought a 721.... Big Jim

I received mine on thursday, today was the first day that I had a chance to play with it. I was really scared at first, but after 1 hour I had something printed out. After about 4 hours and a post in this forum I was vectorizing away!!!!

Thank you so much!!!

On the other hand, if you arn't sure which end of the screwdriver is the sharp end....Id recccomend calling the neighbor with the long hair who constantly is working on his Camaro for a hand... :thumbsup:

I resemble that remark!  :thumbsup:

Go get em, Rajamit! That is what I like to hear...

7 months on hold for that response LOL  Welcome Back Brandon don't stay away so long this time!