FBRsportmod68

12 X 8 SIGN INSTALLED TODAY

Just out of curiosity, did you build any bracing for the center of the sign? I have wondered if coroplast would work for a large sign, but was worried about the wind flexing it or causing it to tear from the frame.

Charlie

Just out of curiosity, did you build any bracing for the center of the sign? I have wondered if coroplast would work for a large sign, but was worried about the wind flexing it or causing it to tear from the frame.

Charlie

yes it is braced EVERYWHERE.......

I have thought about coro for large signs, but always ended up going with aluminum.

Charlie

coro wouldnt have been my choice but cust wanted it.........and at $11  a sheet versus $75 for aluminum..........thanks for all the kind words. I also learned something from the experience........being as this is 2 seperate signs with a 4" space in the middle (for the poles).....i should have sprayed the back sides with black spray paint to use as sun block.

I have also used BC plywood with a primer coat and polyurethane. The BC is factory sanded on one side. Around $25 - 30 for a 4x8 sheet at Home Depot.

Charlie