Sign in to follow this  
tshirtn00b

1000 4x6 magnets

I have a customer that wants 1000 4x6 magnets.  I have a supplier that will print them for me for about $.50/ea.  I was thinking of doubling my money and charging $1 to the customer.  This is for 30mil magnets and there are no setup or shipping fees.  What do you folks think?

VistaPrint would be at less than $0.35 ea for 1000 for 3 day turnaround to John Q Public.  (These guys are killing me with their $27.00/pair full color door magnets.)

Still, anytime you can double your money you are doing good - after all you are taking the hassle out of the job for your customer. 

VistaPrint would be at less than $0.35 ea for 1000 for 3 day turnaround to John Q Public.  (These guys are killing me with their $27.00/pair full color door magnets.)

Still, anytime you can double your money you are doing good - after all you are taking the hassle out of the job for your customer. 

I don't know how their small magnets will be but I've seen their door magnets really ruin a paint job, they are so flimsy and cheap the magnet comes apart on the car within a couple months.  So, if you lose a little business from them just find the people a couple of months from now and see if they've come around

we've sworn of vistaprint for anything.  we've been on the receiving end of some crappy work and it's not worth the hassle.  i'd prefer someone local.  when that doesn't work out, I reach out to some asi suppliers.

Yea you should buy a set from them and put show the customer the difference you will get the job everytime

I didn't do I good job (as usual) of explaining what I meant.  I wasn't recommending to sub out the job to VistaPrint, just pointing out that anybody could buy those magnets for less than $350.00 from them.  Assuming the customer shops around, it would be a challenge to justify a price of $1000.00.

Mike

I didn't do I good job (as usual) of explaining what I meant.  I wasn't recommending to sub out the job to VistaPrint, just pointing out that anybody could buy those magnets for less than $350.00 from them.  Assuming the customer shops around, it would be a challenge to justify a price of $1000.00.

Mike

If your buying them for $350 and selling them for $1000 that's too high IMO, I'd be happy with making $200 of them

Mike, the only auto magnets I saw there were 8.5x11.25" or 17.3"x11.25" and they only go up to a quantity of 40.  The other magnets that they offer I believe are not suitable for autos/outdoor use.  Even if they are, 1000 of the large is still $500+shipping.

If you can get them for $.50 each, mark them up to $.65-$.75 each and that's more than enough for that amount.