Sign in to follow this  
sjordan

Gerber Omega importing open type fonts

Ok I'm floundering trying to import a particular font into Gerber scientific Omega 2.51. Ineed to use a particular font Trajan Pro Bold for a sign I am trying to produce I need to cut the lettering out of sandblast material and blast redwood however I need to create the design first so I obtained the font from my sister via email copied font installed in font folder in the pc need it in Omega. looked through the book and seems as if it can convert True type fonts but doesn't mention open type fonts. I called gerber and got tech support who wouldn't answer a simple question without charging my credit card 65.00! anybody know if this open type font can be imported from the font folder on the pc into omega? also looking at sign lab 8 cut pro they say I can import this open type font into their software. Trajan Pro came from adobe photoshop. thanks sjordan

Can you convert the text to paths in your program and import that image to Gerber instead of trying to import the font?

hi jay I don't have anything else at work to work with besides omega. I may have to create the font in ai then try to import that file to omega but I'll have to get access to ai from my sis just thought it should be simple importing a font into omega it just doesn't reconize the file. I thought I would ask maybe someone is familiar with this software it doesn't seem too user friendly kind of like the support. does anybody know this should be a simple operation?

sjordan,

Gerber uses a propriety font format for their fonts. These fonts have a file extension of .gsf. If you have a gsf based font, these can be placed directly into the C:GSPGSPFonts folder for use (note, default path given). If the font is not in the gsf format there are two options available. First one I

The original posting says  ---  "Ok I'm floundering ..."

hqdefault.jpg

Maybe the necrothread can be directed into a topic many of us are fans of -----  fishing!

Who prefers casting from a boat? From shore? Salt or fresh? What bait works best for what fish?

Comments? Suggestions? Clarifications?   Let's have some fishing fun!!!  C'mon, people, join in! It's a slow news day!

• Haha 1